Garmin to TomTom mount adapter?

Has anyone see a mounting adapter that will let me attach a GO 720 / 920 / 730 / 930 to a Garmin ball? I have a Garmin mounting ball (goes into the back of StreetPilot Cxxx and Nuvi Mounting cradles) on my dash. I'm interested in picking up a 930 once they're available here, but I need an adapter to mount it to the Garmin ball. I'm thinking a simple socket for the Garmin ball attached to one of those plates that slide into the back of the TomToms.

Has anyone see a mounting adapter that will let me attach a GO 720 / 920 / 730 / 930 to a Garmin ball? I have a Garmin mounting ball (goes into the back of StreetPilot Cxxx and Nuvi Mounting cradles) on my dash. I'm interested in picking up a 930 once they're available here, but I need an adapter to mount it to the Garmin ball. I'm thinking a simple socket for the Garmin ball attached to one of those plates that slide into the back of the TomToms.

If you mean a RAM mount (1" rubber ball), then you can get a dedicated TT Go mount for the RAM here... http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_info.php?products_id=5679

The ball from the Garmin mount that's on my dash is like this:

nuvimount01.jpg

I bolted it to my dash. So now I'm looking for some kind of adapter that:

- has a socket for that ball on my dash

- and mounted on the opposite side of the socket is the little plate that slides into the 720 / 920's "mount channel" on their rears.

Last edited:
The ball from the Garmin mount that's on my dash is like this:

nuvimount01.jpg

I bolted it to my dash. So now I'm looking for some kind of adapter that:

- has a socket for that ball on my dash

- and mounted on the opposite side of the socket is the little plate that slides into the 720 / 920's "mount channel" on their rears.

Measure the diameter of the ball. If it's close to 1" then the RAm mount will work fine. You will need a RAM arm (short, medium or long) and the dedicated RAM bracket for the TT, that attaches to the arm.

Ball <--> RAM Arm <--> RAM TT specific Bracket <--> TT device

I have the 1" RAM Mount arm. I used to use a RAM Mount arm along with some stuff from Proclips for my Garmin, but then I took that all out and just screwed that ball into the dash. It's alot smaller than the rubberized ball that goes into the RAM Mount arms.

I've thought about the same thing as I have several G mounts. I guess it's time to get out the ole thinking cap and see what's available. I guess the reason I've never tackled it is that I've not had any problems with the TT mount falling off like some people have.

Ask a Question