G910 Spoken street names..not working?

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
Hello guys noob from Aus.
Wandering if anyone has noticed this problem with their Go910 here the directions are given turn left, turn right etc but the street names are not spoken?
I have checked the manual & preferences & noted that option on my go is greyed out? Anyone know how to enable this??

Appreciate it

Cheers
MC

Welcome!
You need to select a computer voice
tomtom3jn8.png

Welcome!
You need to select a computer voice
tomtom3jn8.png

Thanks Pedro for your reply,

I have selected a voice & Computer voice as you say, but after I select the com puter voice the next page pops up "Speech prefs" with that option greyed out?
Out of the seven options on that page only the last four I'm able to select. The first three are greyed?? Got me buggered..

Cheers
MC

Hello guys noob from Aus.
Wandering if anyone has noticed this problem with their Go910 here the directions are given turn left, turn right etc but the street names are not spoken?
I have checked the manual & preferences & noted that option on my go is greyed out? Anyone know how to enable this??

Appreciate it

Cheers
MC

Here's a dumb question, MC. Are you *sure* your model is supposed to have Text-to-Speech as a choice? (as contrasted to the 'normal' speaking only of 'turn left', etc.?)
-------------------
Ahhh....told you it was a dumb question. Further research on my part shows the 910 has TTS capability ... European model, anyway.

So........have you tried a reset with a paerclip? And, have you tried a different computer voice?

Last edited:
Thanks man, know its silly but found I must only use a "Computer" voice for this option to work & there aint many voices to choose from??

Thanks again guys.

Cheers
MC:)

Thanks man, know its silly but found I must only use a "Computer" voice for this option to work & there aint many voices to choose from??

Thanks again guys.

Cheers
MC:)

There should be 4 choices available: 2 Eng_US (m & f) and 2 Eng_UK (m & f). With TTHome running and unit docked, Add Maps/Voices, then arrow right on the next screen, then you should see an icon Computer voices, click it.

Hope this helps

I asked this q some time ago. No one answered HOWEVER I found that when I changed the voice it worked. Try changing to a voice with Computor below the name and it should work. Good luck Rich

Ask a Question