fuelcontol for the 920

TomTom Model(s)
tt720 and tt920
fuelcontrol for the 920

Fuelcontrol now works for the tt920. you can find it at this web sight
http://gps.dg4sfw.de/
It looks like a good program, but I dont know how to use it. Is there an instruction page for the use of the icons? Thanks for the help, just4fn

Last edited:
Yep, see what you mean. I've played a bit with it - but I'm not sure if I am doing things right - or how to keep a running tally - or what any of the icons in the setup do. I've emailed the dude to see if he has any documentation available. This seems like something I could really use! ;)

Wow, that was quick. I got an answer back from the guy. There is a manual being written for it now, but it is in German. Once it is finished, it will be translated to English. I think he's offered me the German version, if I wanted it. I told him that I could always try running it through a translator - but how accurate that would be afterwards is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Here is a translation of what he sent me. I've not read through it yet, as I already have some stuff on the go here... But when I have some time, I will read through it, try it out and make some notes on stuff that I noticed (maybe you could do the same?):

So here, the first draft of the documentation in German. Comments, please!

To do:
-- Export to HTML
-- Screen create and label
-- All among link to, and delete duplicate parts, streamline
-- Missing parts.

Greets,
MPP

Fuel Control Documentation V2

1st Details of the programme and important information
2nd Compatibility with TomTom PNDs
3rd Installation of fuel control to the PNA TomTom
4th Graphical brief survey
5th Fuel Control use
5.1. Preferences
Enter 5.2.Tankvorgang
5.3. Statistics show
6th Other features of Fuel Control
6.1. Between Fuel
6.2. Range per tank filling display
6.3. Enter Tire Service
6.4. Data files from Fuel Control for analysis on the PC

1st Details of the programme and important tips:
Fuel Control allows for the detection of gas operations for a total of three different vehicles. These are the mileage, the amount of fuel getankte and amount of money paid automatically by date and time, and then adds. Depending on the setting can be either the total mileage or the daily mileage can be used. The resultant consumption data can be within Fuel Control as statistics angezeigen or with the help of spreadsheet software.

If the tank sizes for the individual vehicles indicated may Fuel Control on the basis of the minimum, average and maximum consumption levels correspond to the ranges with a petrol filling calculated. Furthermore, can the mileage when tires change, eg Between summer and winter tires down.

Important notes:
Fuel Control uses no units, i.e. Input will be made exclusively as a number. This allows each user to match him in the head unit itself supplement: eg Litres or gallons of the fuel unit kilometers or miles for the removal unit, as well as any currency for the cash amount. Fuel Control reckons only with the numerical values itself and therefore can not convert units.

Fuel Control, there is no country in a variety of languages. Fuel Control has a program interface, which through the use of expressive symbols independently of the various languages.

2nd Compatibility with TomTom PNDs
Fuel Control is compatible with the following TomTom devices [...]

3rd Installation of the program
[...]

4th Graphical brief survey
[Here, I think a brief overview consisting of two screenshots (Main Menu + Set menu), with brief explanations of the various buttons and links to the corresponding points in the document]

5th Fuel Control use
5.1. Preferences
Start Fuel Control over the TomTom menu. You will find the entry Fuel Control menu on the last page. After loading go with the help of [..] in the setup menu to two major options of Fuel Control according to your wishes.
W?hlen Sie zun?chst das passende Format f?r die Darstellung des Verbrauchs aus: zur Auswahl stehen […] f?r Kraftstoffeinheit pro 100 Entfernungseinheiten (also Liter / 100 Kilometer) sowie […] f?r Entfernungseinheiten pro Kraftstoffeinheit (also Meilen pro Gallone).

Then tell Fuel Control with what mileage you want to use: select […], if you are the total mileage for each tank operation with and want to control the fuel mileage because of the difference in the last tank operation determine. They should then immediately Fuel Control an initial mileage know where you only those without fuel quantity and amount as described in the following section, and save.

Select […] if you control the actual fuel mileage, eg According display of the day odometer want. This requires the trip odometer of your car at every filling process to zero.

Return to the main menu takes you to the […]

5.2. Tank task
Important: if you use the settings of the total mileage state have set, you should be for each of the three vehicles an initial mileage. Tap the vehicle icon on the right side, enter the initial mileage on the keyboard. If you have, you can press [C] display and delete new start. Select then the [km], and then [Save] to the initial mileage to be deposited. Repeat if necessary for all three vehicles.

To enter a tank process, do the following:
First, select the right vehicle for which you want to enter tank operation. Then first the mileage (or total daily mileage, depending on the setting) on the numeric keypad. By pressing [C], you can display if necessary delete and re-start, if you have. Select then the [km] to the value of deposit. Then getankte the fuel quantity and type in the key [amount] to the value. Last enter the amount and select the [money].

If your entries again, you can do this as follows. Delete the first show with [C], if not "0" appears. By clicking on one of the three categories [kilometers, quantity, money], you can use the value stored there. When you switch to the other categories that the display with the help of [C] back to zero before the next category. If you filed a correct value, simply type on the keyboard, the new value and then again on the appropriate button. If you want to delete the value, then press the appropriate button immediately after retrieving again. The outline of the button and the red dot in the button disappear and show the successful Delete. If the value mistakenly deleted, you can still displayed in the display value by tapping the appropriate button to assign.

If all the values are correct, then save the tank operation with the help of the [Save]. If a calculation of consumption is possible, there Fuel Control Display in the average fuel consumption for this process.

5.3. Statistics show
In order to control your consumption, you can view the internal statistics show Fuel Control. Tap […].

The following XY graph, the individual consumption values per tank up as dots. The consumption value is displayed in the format, which in the Settings menu is selected either fuel removal units per 100 units (liters per 100 kilometers) or distance units per unit of fuel (miles per gallon). In doing so, the distance driven units on the X-axis and the necessary fuel units on the Y-axis removed. The average consumption by an orange line. About the graphics are from left to right the slightest, and the highest average consumption figures.

After tapping the graphics are two superimposed bar charts. The latest values are displayed on the right side. The top graph shows the consumption of the identified individual tank transactions, the lower the price per unit of fuel tank in the various processes.

6th Other features of Fuel Control
6.1. Between Fuel
Fuel Control supports the so-called interim vats where the tank is not completely filled. If you frequently zwischentanken, recommends the use of the total mileage status (see Fuel Control, settings). The interim refuelling getankte enter the amount of fuel and the amount of money but without the mileage and save the tank operation. Fuel Control will then recognize the interim refuel. When you next volltanken again and the mileage with the fuel quantity and the price, fuel consumption control, including the zwischengetankten calculate fuel.

6.2. Range per tank filling display
Fuel Control offers the possibility to every vehicle the size of the tank contents to indicate to the different consumption levels (minimum, average, maximum) the appropriate range for the full tank. To the tank contents for each vehicle entered, change to the setup menu. Then enter with the help of the numeric keyboard the size of the tanks and show by tapping the appropriate button-tank vehicle value. Repeat the command for the remaining vehicles.

If your input regarding the size tank once, you can do the following: First, delete the ad with [C], if not "0" appears. By clicking on one of the three buttons vehicle tank […], you can use the value stored there. When you switch to the other vehicles that the display with the help of [C] back to zero before you get the next value. If you filed a correct value, simply type on the keyboard, the new value and then again on the appropriate button. If you want to delete the value, then press the appropriate button immediately after retrieving again. The outline of the button and the red dot in the button disappear and show the successful Delete. If the value mistakenly deleted, you can still displayed in the display value by tapping the appropriate button to assign.

6.3. Enter Tire Service
Fuel Control allows you the mileage of the tyre change. This input is also the date and time. This allows the performance of the tyres. Fuel Control stores but not details of tyres or type. If you change a tire want to go from the main menu, the setup menu. Enter the total mileage while changing a tire and tap the tire change button.

6.4. Data files from Fuel Control for analysis on the PC
[to do]

Awesome - I'll play with it too. I was looking for this functionality. Would be great if it was a part of Tripmaster for the complete package.

Fuelcontrol now works for the tt920. you can find it at this web sight
http://gps.dg4sfw.de/
It looks like a good program, but I dont know how to use it. Is there an instruction page for the use of the icons? Thanks for the help, just4fn

I was wondering this too. I put it on my one, and it seems to work, I just have no idea what the icons do :(

Hi! :)

Ok, since the full documentation will need some more time I'll try to write a little howto. Please forgive my english. ;)

Because several english-speaking users requested it, FuelControl can now also show averages in "distance/fuel" (e.g. miles per gallon) by switching to that mode: Tap the green icon in the lower right of the menu to go to the setup-screen. Then tap the blue "distance/fuel"-Icon and go back to the main screen using the red icon.

Normal use:
At the filling station, refill your car/bike to the brim. Then start the Programm, enter the distance you've driven since your last refilling (to the brim), tap the distance-Icon (the tripmeter with the blue background), the numbers will vanish and the icon will light up -> stored. Then enter the refilled amount (liters, gallons, whatever: Just keep in mind that the statistics will then be in that unit!) and tap the gas-station-icon. Enter the money you paid at the station and tap the money-icon. When done, tap the save-icon and the average distance per fuel or fuel per 100 distance-units (whatever you chose to use) will be shown. Thats it. ;)

There's also a (violet) statistics-button in the lower left corner of the main menu.

Have fun!

This is a very handy little program. Please keep us posted about your user manual....

Hi! :)

Ok, since the full documentation will need some more time I'll try to write a little howto. Please forgive my english. ;)

Because several english-speaking users requested it, FuelControl can now also show averages in "distance/fuel" (e.g. miles per gallon) by switching to that mode: Tap the green icon in the lower right of the menu to go to the setup-screen. Then tap the blue "distance/fuel"-Icon and go back to the main screen using the red icon.

Normal use:
At the filling station, refill your car/bike to the brim. Then start the Programm, enter the distance you've driven since your last refilling (to the brim), tap the distance-Icon (the tripmeter with the blue background), the numbers will vanish and the icon will light up -> stored. Then enter the refilled amount (liters, gallons, whatever: Just keep in mind that the statistics will then be in that unit!) and tap the gas-station-icon. Enter the money you paid at the station and tap the money-icon. When done, tap the save-icon and the average distance per fuel or fuel per 100 distance-units (whatever you chose to use) will be shown. Thats it. ;)

There's also a (violet) statistics-button in the lower left corner of the main menu.

Have fun!

Thank you!

Ok, I hope this helps everyone, assuming I'm correct. Sorry the pic isn't the best but anyway. The top is the main, the botton the setup or attitude menu as referred to in the docs

fuelcontrol.jpg

I might be wrong here but I believe that the range per tank is actually the size in gallons of your car. Also the bottom button on the right of the second screen, is a screen so you can see what data you have entered and saved. Correct me if I am wrong.

I might be wrong here but I believe that the range per tank is actually the size in gallons of your car. Also the bottom button on the right of the second screen, is a screen so you can see what data you have entered and saved. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, to set your range you would put in the fuel capacity of whatever vehicle your doing with the calc thing and then press that vehicle # as for the save thing I have no idea I haven't got that far, but I do have it working, and the stats screen show mpg w/what I think is a avg # in the middle, and also what miles your tank will get you. The more I play with the prog the more I like it

There are 2 screens available for viewing- I think the one you are talking about is what the fuelcontrol is all about. It is on the 1st screen and it tells you averag mpg, etc. the screen on the second page tells you what values you have entered. I am like you and just starting to play with the program.

looks like a very interesting program , i have downloaded it but cannot try it for a week as i am not in my home area , but will give it a try !!!!
does anyone of you thats trying it , can you tell me if you can run the program at the same time your on a trip or do you have to exit?

help

I have installed program and it shows when I go to the drive on my computer but I do not have icon to start program ? I have moved the bitmap file to several places but can not get it to show in the menu

I have installed program and it shows when I go to the drive on my computer but I do not have icon to start program ? I have moved the bitmap file to several places but can not get it to show in the menu

As stated on the site, that might happen.
Actually is the same problem many encountered after updating to the latest firmware on many units: the TripMaster icon desappeared and you can't get it back, but you can use a menu.mmu utility and tweak it.

Good luck.

Ask a Question