'Fuel prices' service (transfer)

Hello guys!
I just bought my new TT GO 730, but previous model was GO 630. On 630 I had "Fuel prices" service less than 2 month subscription. Is it possible to transfer my subscription to my new TT?
Thanks!

I just switched devices. PLUS traffic moved over, but the map and fuel subscriptions didn't.

I understand the map rationale, because the map remains on the old device and it's unfair to get two devices upgraded for the price of one. So I had to do the map subscription all over again (I got 3 out of 4 maps on the old Tomtom so I'm not too bummed out).

It doesn't seem fair that fuel doesn't transfer over, since the info goes stale just like traffic does. I'll call Tomtom tomorrow and see if I can talk them into moving the fuel subscription.

I just switched devices. PLUS traffic moved over, but the map and fuel subscriptions didn't.

I understand the map rationale, because the map remains on the old device and it's unfair to get two devices upgraded for the price of one. So I had to do the map subscription all over again (I got 3 out of 4 maps on the old Tomtom so I'm not too bummed out).

It doesn't seem fair that fuel doesn't transfer over, since the info goes stale just like traffic does. I'll call Tomtom tomorrow and see if I can talk them into moving the fuel subscription.

And?... :confused:

They said "it shouldn't transfer over and you need to buy a new one".

Then they changed their mind and said, rename mydocuments\tomtom\home\download to mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadOld and it should work fine. I was at work at the time, and when I got home to try it that didn't work.

I never seem to be available when phone support is open, so I haven't had a chance to call back.

They said "it shouldn't transfer over and you need to buy a new one".

Then they changed their mind and said, rename mydocuments\tomtom\home\download to mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadOld and it should work fine. I was at work at the time, and when I got home to try it that didn't work.

I never seem to be available when phone support is open, so I haven't had a chance to call back.

Hm... I have a chance... Thank you!

Here's where I ultimately ended up.

Tomtom's subscriptions servers just aren't programmed properly for transferring a subscription from one account to another.

- My new Tomtom device recognizes the old fuel subscription over bluetooth. However, Tomtom HOME doesn't recognize the old subscription. Tomtom support is unable to fix HOME, or even manually erase/add a subscription to get HOME working.
- Without HOME recognizing the subscription, you cannot download the initial fuel certificate that activates the feature on your Tomtom. Support was able to create a dummy account, activate fuel on the dummy account, and get the certificate to download. Also, I can download HOME-based fuel price updates on the dummy account.
- Once the certificate is loaded, the bluetooth process can download fuel under either account (old or new)

Another update. As of a couple days ago, I can start getting fuel price updates to my new 930 via HOME also. So Tomtom changed something somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandylf68

Latest Threads

Back