Fuel finder

I really like my 920. A few things I'd really like to see is:
1. POI gas stations showing diesel. A lot of gas stations don't have diesel.
2. Fuel price locator. Why couldn't it work? There's no reason TT can't put a program together that has a fuel locator by price. All the cellular companies are doing it....and have the option for gas or diesel! It should list them as any other POI or by price along the route.
I wanted the 920T but my Verizon LG VX8700 is not compatable. If they can do traffic, they can do a fuel finder. Get more cell phones compatable and get the fuel finder option! I'd gladly pay the fee as it'll be offset by fuel cost savings.

TomTom offers Fuel Prices as an annual subscription for about $15. You can download updates via TomTom Home, or via a bluetooth connection to a compatible cell phone. While the POI listing of gas stations that's included with the 920 gives no indication of diesel availability, the Fuel Prices service does.

You specify a fuel type (regular, mid-grade, premium, diesel) during updates, and it uses that fuel type when listing stations. So if you need to switch fuel types (change vehicles) between updates, this may be a problem for you.

Regarding cell phone compatibility... in addition to those supported by TomTom, there are MANY others that work, as documented here in the forums. I have been using the service for about the last 4 months, with 3 different unsupported cell phones, two of which are on Verizon.

Also keep in mind that, although you can update your Fuel Prices frequently, or even on-the-fly via cell phone, the data you receive may not necessarily reflect today's prices. This is less of a problem now that fuel prices have stabilized (around here at least).

Ask a Question