Frozen 510 when browsing maps

I have a reconditioned TT510 from ecost.com it looked like the ultimate in GPS that I was wanted. It seemed to work fine for the first day or so then after docking it with the PC and updating the software it will without any real reason not navigate to "home" or to recent destinations. I get map errors when it goes to calculate where I'm supposed to be going and stops or sometimes it just freezes and wont do anything but restart continously.

It also freezes up when I jsut go to browse the maps.. it takes so long to plot where I am it restarts then as well.

I was having the flash problem, which I downloaded the fix for.. I also ordered a new SD Card which turned out to be too big at 4GB - turns out TT510 doesn't like the FAT32 format - my restore would write to the new card and when I copied the files onto the new card it didn't lilke that either....

I'd like to get your opinion on this, thanks for your help

If you call TomTom, they can help with refurb 510 problems.

I believe there are only certain 4GB SD cards that are compatible with the ONE.
If you do a search, you will find the list of SD cards.

I had a similar problem with my refurb 510, called TomTom, and they updated my account with brand a brand new map...the best part is, its the latest version that has mapshare capabilities. Great service rep and only took about 20 minutes.

Good luck.

similar problem

i just got a refurb 510 as well and its doing something similar.

it will plot some routes, but if i go to the route summary (more often than not) it will lock up and restart after around 15 seconds :(

Mine did the same stuff (I got a refurb from Woot). I had to call TomTom tech support and they got me a new drop of the maps. I then downloaded the maps and installed them, and presto - no more random lockups and restarts. Along the way I cleared the flash, formatted and restored the SD card, and a whole bunch of other stuff, but the new maps are what did the trick.

Don

Ask a Question