Free Map Upgrade Promotion Code Server ERROR

I was trying to upgrade my TOMTOM ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 512MB

I had a Free Map Upgrade Promotion Code and kept on getting errors:

ERROR: 203
ERROR: 220
ERROR: -500
Internal Server Errors etc...

you name it and it was spitting in my face.

I got it going in the end by setting my Downloads folder "Sharing & Permissions" to Everyone Read & Write"

In you TomTom Folder Prefs you can assign Downloads / Backups / Computer Copy / Shared Items. But I guess if the Access Privalages are not set right then TomTom Home can't download shit!! I also pissed about with TomTom Connection Prefs but it only worked on "Direct Connection" (default)

Hope this helps someone as it realy did my head in. TomTom Install should install it's own folders and set it's own permissions to make it idiot/me proof

PS I'm on Mac G5 OSX 10.5.7 and managed to download the UK & Rep Ireland v830.2306 Map

I'm getting the Server 500 error as well (won't let me install my map). I'm not sure what my folder security setting is in Vista but I'm going to take a look and see if this is the problem. Was the folder the one on your TomTom/SD?

I'm getting the Server 500 error as well (won't let me install my map). I'm not sure what my folder security setting is in Vista but I'm going to take a look and see if this is the problem. Was the folder the one on your TomTom/SD?

tomtom uses fat32 on its sd, which doesnt support permissions. Tomtom downloads maps to mydocuments/tomtom/home/downloads prior to install. Make sure everyone has read/write acces to that folder

Ask a Question