Free map upgrade for 720???

I was browsing through one of the other forums and a frustrated 720 user had emailed tomtom about not being able to upgrade his maps. The following is the response from tomtom that he posted.

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to your 720

There will be a v7.10 free update for 720 users, We hope to have this avilable later next week

Our apologies for the inconvenience

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I guess we will see...

In TT home click on "file" then "Use Latest Map Guarantee" to get the latest map. I understand some TT 720 buyers (myself included) got a special promotion code in the box and when I tried to redeem the promotion TT said it was invalid and to get the free map update to use the latest map guarantee found in the file menu. It is a very long download and install three hours with my broadband connection
Richard

In TT home click on "file" then "Use Latest Map Guarantee" to get the latest map. I understand some TT 720 buyers (myself included) got a special promotion code in the box and when I tried to redeem the promotion TT said it was invalid and to get the free map update to use the latest map guarantee found in the file menu. It is a very long download and install three hours with my broadband connection
Richard

I've had my TT720 for over 30 days. Now I have to buy the updated map. But where? I go to their website and Plus services then maps and it says sorry the map store is closed for update and improving. How long has that been going on?

I've had my TT720 for over 30 days. Now I have to buy the updated map. But where? I go to their website and Plus services then maps and it says sorry the map store is closed for update and improving. How long has that been going on?

I just went on their web site and the North America map Version 7.10 is available for 35 GBP.

thats really suck seriously... twice a week since i got my TT i was trying to enter my Promotion code that was provide in the box and it was alway saying it was invalid... and now i discover that today... my 30 is past since 4 days already and im not eligible to the free updates... whats a systems !!

thx you TT.........................

thats really suck seriously... twice a week since i got my TT i was trying to enter my Promotion code that was provide in the box and it was alway saying it was invalid... and now i discover that today... my 30 is past since 4 days already and im not eligible to the free updates... whats a systems !!

thx you TT.........................

GOOD NEWS !

i wrote to TT to tell them how dissapointed i was with the fact that my promotion code didnt work and i knew too late taht i had to resquest the free update by HOME, and even if it was 1 week after my 30day ended they still giving the update for free :)

thx you TT (no irony this time)

Ask a Question