free map update coupon

TomTom Model(s)
One NE
Hi all,

I recently bought my TT ONE (new edition). Inside the box I found a coupon for a free map update but it also shows "This offer is valid through October 30, 2006" on it.

As there was no update available by end of October, is the coupon still valid for the update now promised for December this year? Did anyone contact TomTom Support because of this?

Also I?m surprised there isn?t any code on this coupon.....there is one on the coupon for the free voice...can anyone confirm this?

The reason I?m asking is that in the European forums they seem to have codes on their mapupdate coupons.

regards

JB

Your map upgrade will be valid in december. They will distribute a free DVD with map(s) and we pay for shipping.

Yes, there is a free coupon for a voice download. If I can remember, I think they only offer 3 voices and one of them is only in English (Mikey). Go to TT's website adn click on Plus Services. There will be a text box on the left stating: Activate your TomTom promotion.

Coupons

Hi all,

I recently bought my TT ONE (new edition). Inside the box I found a coupon for a free map update but it also shows "This offer is valid through October 30, 2006" on it.

As there was no update available by end of October, is the coupon still valid for the update now promised for December this year? Did anyone contact TomTom Support because of this?

Also I?m surprised there isn?t any code on this coupon.....there is one on the coupon for the free voice...can anyone confirm this?

The reason I?m asking is that in the European forums they seem to have codes on their mapupdate coupons.

regards

JB
Actually I purchased a tomtom 510 and a year and a a year and a half ago a tomtom go300 and both never had the coupon in it! I never got a reply from tomtom !

@Pedro2NR

But how do they know who will get the update? Obviously not everyone who purchased a TomTom recently got this coupon.

Is your info coming from TomTom support? I wonder if I should contact them because of this...

regards
JB

Someone else contacted TT Support and notifed them that X10 users and One owners will get a upgrade with no coupon or such. I believe it will be tracked using serial numbers.

Pedro2NR, I heard somewhere (don't remember where, it could have been a rumor) that the new updated map will have more than 1 GB data. Is this true? If it is, we will have to get a bigger card for it. I guess it is probably a good idea to get a bigger card anyway, if one wants to add additional POI's.

I haven't heard this yet. I know its good to get a bigger card. With firmwires ahead, voices, POIs, your card will run out of space.

They will still honor the coupon... this is from their website:

===========================================================================
Question
I had a voucher that stated I would get a free upgrade to maps, but it expires by end- September. If you don’t unveil new maps, does this mean it is a missed opportunity?
Answer

No, absolutely not. We will honor all vouchers and we will communicate shortly our process here.

============================================================================

Also.. all 510,910, ONE and Nav 6 customer get the upgrade for free - except for shipping :)

Hi,

I just purchased my ONE today. I don't have that map upgrade coupon, only the free premium voice coupon. Do those of us who recently bought the ONE still get the upgrade? If so, how? Do I first have to register with TomTom on their website or is the installation of HOME enough?

Hello and welcome. You don't need a map coupon. You do need to register with TomTom. When you first use Home, I believe it asks you. If it didn't, either go to TT's offical website and register through there. When you have your user name and password, use TT Home click on the globe located on the left had side. Log in with the user name and password.

When the map update is available, TT will email you with the email you provided.

Does register mean to only create an account at TomTom.com and to select the correct device I have or to enter the product code that was delivered on the card together with my TomTom? (I haven?t done this yet)

regards
JB

I don't think it will ask for the product code when you register. If it does, it doesn't hurt to help.

It asks for the device code after you register and you want to select a TomTom unit to pair with your username.

Ask a Question