Free aftermarket voices?

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340
My kids are currently right into Star Wars and would like the "Yoda" and "Darth Vader" voices on the TomTom.

I've looked at the TomTom website and these don't seem to be offered, only Homer Simpson, John Cleese & Snoop Dogg, although with Google I've found them elsewhere.

Supposedly I can just download them and load them onto my TomTom.

Is that right? Or has TomTom done something to prevent you putting something on the unit that isn't purchased from them?

I don't want to stuff the unit up by putting something on it that's not meant to be there.

If you look in TomTom HOME (free TomTom software), you'll find more voices, but no Star Wars. The ones you found on the web are imitations, TomTom usually offers official voices from the real artists.

I know they listen to the web to see what people wants. Hopefully, they'll hear you and release official Star Wars voices soon.

May the Force be with you.

They won't corrupt the unit but you just may wind up removing them. Trial and error.

After making a backup I've put Darth & Yoda on.

Darth especially sounds like a pretty poor imitation but the kids will probably like it.

Thanks for the replies.

Ask a Question