Four pounds in a three pound bag...

?Actually 1017.8 MB in a 1 gig bag.

I?d like to use my XL330 (nominally 1 gig flash - no SD slot) on vacation in the UK and then continental Europe.

I looked up the UK map download, which for $60 and 164 MB will fit comfortably on the 330 after offloading the US/Canada maps.

But for another $20 I can get all of Western Europe - which includes the UK - but it clocks in at 1017.4 MB.

Anyone knows what would happen if I tried to add that extra poundage? I know that some flash drives hold more than their stated capacity, but some also hold less.

LC

1 gb is actually less than that for available storage (about 978 mb). It won't work.

But I think you could still buy the Europe maps and opt for the "zoned" downloads. AFAIK they will come in at under 1GB (I can't easily check!)
(info here).

You get all the zones when you buy, and can download them all to your PC, but just install one at a time to the TomTom.

The "Northern" or "Western" zones both have the UK and France on them.

Last edited:
You get all the zones when you buy, and can download them all to your PC, but just install one at a time to the TomTom

Great idea that from TomTom - just as long as your mains cable from your PC reaches your holiday destination ;-) or you have a very long USB lead.

TOMTOM REMEBER NOT EVERYBODY IS USING, OR WANTS TO TAKE, A LAPTOP ON HOLIDAY !

SORT OUT THE MEMORY PROBLEM DONT FOB IT OFF TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Bob

Ask a Question