Forum doesn't remember me

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I noticed that I have to log in each and everytime. Even if I check 'remember me'.

Is there anyone else having that problem?

Some of us have noted several things that seem a bit odd on the board. Be advised that the software was just updated and we are learning some of its new provisions. Firefox and it do not seem to cooperate well:) and I noticed I cannot remain logged in for any length of time and when I return I have to go through the entire process again. The admin knows about these issues I am sure and will work to get them resolved.

That will indeed get you remembered by the board. Unfortunately I am seeing some other issues as a moderator that appear only on firefox. That being said I see some issues that are unique to IE. Oddly enough, Flock, seems to have none of those. Just my two cents.

I noticed that I have to log in each and everytime. Even if I check 'remember me'.

Is there anyone else having that problem?
Yes, and this just started (as I recall) in the last 24 hours. Bloody nuisance! I forget to look up to see if it "remembered" me, and then realize I'm looking at posts I've already read... Using Firefox. No updates have been applied recently.

Thanks guys. As they say, 'missery loves company'. :D

I use IE-6 and tried clearing cookies, but still get the same problem the next time I come back here. I'm sure they'll figure it out though.

This may have been a problem at their end. I had same problem yesterday, but it seemed to have cleared up. Am also using Firefox.

This may have been a problem at their end. I had same problem yesterday, but it seemed to have cleared up. Am also using Firefox.

Well, not for me. I logged in, closed my browser and came back to the forum and had to log in again. It has to do something with cookies not being saved properly I think. All other forums I frequent work fine.

<< edit >>

Oops, once I cleared out the TomTom cookie... restarted my browser (IE), relogged in, then TomTom remembers me the next time. Evidentally there's something different in the cookie stored from the older software and the new one.

Last edited:
I just tried the Firefox clear cookies for TomTomForums and it still doesn't remember me. (multiple closing of browser and reopening) I guess it's good that I have Firefox remember my login and password (since I don't) :(
Please keep up posted on any updates you hear about.

New Info...

If you go to delete the cookies. Delete everything (including the folder they are in). I only deleted the cookies and left the folder and it didn't work until I removed the whole directory.

Last edited:
Clear removes 1 cookie at a time. Maybe you didn't delete all of the tomtomforums cookies.

If you scroll down on the cookie list, there should be a tomtomforums.com entry with a plus on the left. Click on the row and don't expand the + sign. Then click "remove cookie" and it should delete all tomtomforums.com cookies at once.

edit: looks like you did this already while I was typing this. Glad it worked.

If you go to delete the cookies. Delete everything (including the folder they are in). I only deleted the cookies and left the folder and it didn't work until I removed the whole directory.

Mmm? Must be a FireFox thing. All I did was delete the TomTom cookies and IE remembers me.

Good to point this out for FF users.

I'm having the same problem with Google Chrome. I'll try the cookie thing and post an update tomorrow.

Update: No problems.

Last edited:
The new admin (robbyyy) has made an adjustment to how the links in each thread are shown now. Perhaps that has something to do with the various browsers not 'remembering' the user when he (or she) first logs into TT with a different link appearing; the cookies don't match up, perhaps.

Clearing the cookies so they match the new version of format so appear to be the solution.

Ask a Question