forgotten password!

Hello everyone!! I need help with something. My uncle purchased a TOM TOM one 3rd edition about three years ago. He stopped using it. and, recently decided to give it to me as a present since he has a new one incorporated with his car. The problem is that he put a password in it and he forgot because its been over 2 years since he last used it. We calle TOM TOM . but it might take a while and they also need a receipt . Can anyone else help me on how to reset the password to my TOM TOM ?

While there are ways to reset the password, the information is not appropriate for a public forum such as this...

Unfortunately, the reality is that one never knows the true background as to why a poster is asking for the information....

The only proper way is to deal with TomTom directly, as you seem to be doing....

Sorry.

TomTom password protected from ebay.

Hello guys, thjis is my first post. I bought a used Go 710 from ebay and it was password protected, it took me a week to contact back the guy who sold it to me, luckely he gave me the password and I could access it and change the pw. So my advice here: when buying a used tomtom, be sure to check if the owner remove the password before shipping it to you.

I had a similar problem with TomTom one 3rd edition, so I thought I'd add here what I did in case it might help someone else.
My password would no longer enter and I was certain it was the correct password.
All I did was hold the reset button in for 15 seconds then turn the unit back on.
Hey presto, it accepted my password again. This won't help any thieves as you still need the original password, all it did was make my unit accept the password again.

May help someone..may not lol .

Sandman....

Thanks for the tip. My TomTom One 3rd Edition just wouldn't allow my password today for some reason. I had installed the Canadian Maps 2 days previously, so i assumed something had gone wrong with that. I phoned TomTom and they said send it back with proof of purchase and they will sort it out. I fly out on Sunday so that was out. A quick search on Google brought up this page, and your advice. It re-booted (or whatever it did) and then accepted my password.

So if anyone else has this issue, hold the on/off button for 15 seconds and it should then allow your password to work.

Thanks again.... You have saved my trip!!!

TomTom - Hand Me Down.

Hello forum communtiy, im making my first post to recieve help on a password related issue i have. A little while ago I recieved a TomTom XL canada 310 unit as a hand me down from my brother before he got stationed out to Germany - Army. (he bought him a Garmin Nuvi 760 unit with Germany map pack before leaving) The only catch was he forgot his password to it, and after a couple of talks with TTCS, they are more than willing to help if i can prove, proof of purchase. Its a little hard when its a hand me down though! I've had numerous conversations with my brother over the PW and he cant seem to remember it. BOZO!!! Though he is looking for POP its been already a month or two and no luck, leaving me SOL. Though it was a hand me down i would like to keep it, because it was from my bro. Thought about selling, but wouldnt feel right ripping someone off like that!!! Can anybody lend any assistance please...?

We frequently get calls from people about how to hack the password. Some stories are more creative than others.......

Understand our position here. This is your first post. We don't know you. The story you relate is probably true, but we don't know......

Bottom line: Sorry, there won't be any information in this public forum on how to unlock the unit.

Thanks for the fast reply! i do understand where your coming from and its frustrating to me sneaky fu**ers ruin everything for everybody. Im sure theres somebody out there tho that would lend some assistance or even a hint. I just want to use my da*n tomtom! what should i do with it then? nice paperweight....?

I have now had two negative points on this thread the last with the anonymous comments:

"i dont want your pathetic advice anywaY STUPID!!"

I guess it was either from the OP, or from the user who PM'd me with the exact same question, who got the exact same answer from me. I am not going to help thieves unlock stolen tomtom's.

Show me (or a mod) that you own it, and I can help you. If you are unwilling to do that, or think it is easier to be abusive, that's fine by me. Pay the money, send it to TT, and wait a few weeks. It's not a problem for me!

my go 930 got stolen phoned tom tom to report the serial number and was told even they cannot reset the password is it true now just bought go 2505

We frequently get calls from people about how to hack the password. Some stories are more creative than others.......

Understand our position here. This is your first post. We don't know you. The story you relate is probably true, but we don't know......

Bottom line: Sorry, there won't be any information in this public forum on how to unlock the unit.

is there anyway to put a password on GO2505

I am not even sure the new model supports a password. To be honest I think that the four digit password offers little if no protection against theft.

It doesn't stop the low-life stealing the device and selling it on.

Working from 0000 to 9999 as a password is possible even if it might take a few hours - Mike

I am not even sure the new model supports a password. To be honest I think that the four digit password offers little if no protection against theft.

It doesn't stop the low-life stealing the device and selling it on.

Working from 0000 to 9999 as a password is possible even if it might take a few hours - Mike

The new GO 1XXX/2XXX models may not. I do not see anything in any of the menus to set up a user with password on my GO 2405 nor is it mentioned in the manual. We won't know for sure until MyTomTom is fully up and running for these models.

Hello

Hello I work at a depot and I get TOMTOM's in and all the other brands of gps's. I sometimes get them with passwords and was hoping that someone would be able to help me out. If you can't but know of a way I maybe able to get in touch with someone that can help me that would be amazing. I don't have a phone or the time to call TOMTOM and wait on hold.

Fail

I work at a depot and I work on TOMTOM units every day. I sometimes get some with passwords. It would be nice to be able to test the units that come with passwords. If no one is willing to help me out than its okay I guess.

Ask a Question