For whom (what) the bell tolls

Hi All,
I had the 720 go out for its first trial today on a 200km round trip from Largs Bay to Strathalbyn in South OZ.
We noted from time to time the mp3 playing would be interrupted by a chiming tone (3 bongs) as well as the normal verbal route directions.
What do these tones designate?
I am running the latest Australia standard map download. (unit purchased yesterday - updated last night tried out today!

your help with this is greatly appreciated
Lew:)

Hi Lew......

I'm not saying the 3 bongs are caused by this; it is simply possible. TomTom lets you set a sound for a POI that is close by (you can set how close, too). There are, I think, 15 available sounds -- one of which may sound like the 3 bongs, if I remember.

For example, for laughs, I've set TomTom to 'moo' when I'm close to a very popular coffee/donut location here (Tim hortons).

G'Day Lew,

I think that you are experiencing the overspeed warning. It sounds whenever (the TT thinks) you are exceeding the speed-limit. If this is the case, the current speed display (if enabled) turns red (>5% over) then starts flashing (>10% over).

IIRC, this feature is disabled by default. I think it is enabled in the 'Safety Preferences' section (I don't have mine with me at the moment, so I can't check). My guess is that you have enabled this feature.

The other possibility (if you didn't set POI warnings, as suggested above) is that you are hearing a speed camera warning. This sounds when you are approaching a speed camera. Again, I don't think that this is enabled by default. It can be enabled/disabled at main menu>PLUS services>Safety Cameras.

Ask a Question