"Follow (road) for (random) miles" - inconsitently high or low?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Is it just me, or am I the only one that is consistently getting "Follow Interstate 26 for 47 (or 2) miles" when the on-screen display says it is "4.6 miles"? :(

It doesn't follow any pattern, it can be close, or either way high or low... But - it is almost always wrong. :rolleyes:

What you MAY be seeing is this: the total mileage remaining is showing on the screen (example, 4 miles). But, you are hearing an instruction to stay on the road for, say, 2.5 miles. What that can mean is that in 2.5 miles, there is probably another instruction that might be given (for example, there may be an exit there and you'll hear something like 'keep left')

Is it just me, or am I the only one that is consistently getting "Follow Interstate 26 for 47 (or 2) miles" when the on-screen display says it is "4.6 miles"? :(

It doesn't follow any pattern, it can be close, or either way high or low... But - it is almost always wrong. :rolleyes:
DHN has it right, above. In the lower left, the distance you see will be not necessarily to the next turn, but rather, to the next instruction, which in my case here, is inevitably "In one half mile, keep left..." I've never found a way to turn that off, either. You'll recognize it by a less-than-straight line associated with staying on the road, usually one squiggling left.

Ask a Question