FM transmitter on Tomtom 730 with new application

sid

Hello,
I updated the latest Tomtom go 730 application (830) and now it seems that the FM transmitter is no more supporting the voice instructions, although no problem with the the mp3. I did not back up, so I cannot go back to the previous application. Any suggestions?

2) Also I cannot use the computer voice "Dave" from my device? When I go online, I see that "Dave" is already in my device, but cannot see it when try to change the voice preference.

Don't quote me on this, but I "heard" from another member either here or another forum that the FM transmitter was disabled temporarily due to some bug issues and that a new update should be available soon that will re-enable it. I hope that's true because I was pretty darn upset when I saw I couldn't use the FM transmitter anymore with the software update.

TomTom has fixed a few bugs with this update but has also created MANY others. *sigh*

Don't quote me on this, but I "heard" from another member either here or another forum that the FM transmitter was disabled temporarily due to some bug issues and that a new update should be available soon that will re-enable it. I hope that's true because I was pretty darn upset when I saw I couldn't use the FM transmitter anymore with the software update.

TomTom has fixed a few bugs with this update but has also created MANY others. *sigh*

Its always nice when the USERs become the BETA testers....:rolleyes:

Hello,
2) Also I cannot use the computer voice "Dave" from my device? When I go online, I see that "Dave" is already in my device, but cannot see it when try to change the voice preference.

1. The oft-suggested "pin reset" may help.

2. Without too much fooling around, you might be able to download Dave fresh through Home/Computer Voices. It would probably be compatible with you device as-is.

First, see if it is offered as a download through home. If it is, copy the present one through Home back to your computer, and then delete it on the device. If you do not get a new one downloaded and working, you can always copy ir back through Home.

Update 8.3 versus 8.010

I just purchased a GO930T and found the Voice address input and FM output were grayed out/unavailable. I'm waiting for TT tech support's response, but (from another post thread) got an idea and downloaded the previous OS 8.010 which (upon restart) brought to life both of the previously unavailable features. If you've backed up your device, it might be worth a try?

I talked to a TomTom rep and he said he would send me a link to get OS 8.010. When I got it, it was a zip file that I cant open. Winzip says that it is corrupt. Does any one know where to go on the TomTon site? I cant seem to fine it anywhere.:(

Ask a Question