FM Mode: Worth the Trouble? [720]

Since I've given up on the bluetooth capability on my 720, staying "downgraded" doesn't matter. Is "upgrading" to the next level [which allows for the FM mode rather than having a stereo cable hanging from the TT to the aux input on my in-dash] worth it, or is the FM mode unreliable?

Understand that as a FM unit, the TT is not the strongest. I don't know how many clear fm channels, if any, you get where you live but you can imagine that in Toronto, the number is essentially none.

As a consequence, it's a challenge being able to lock into any fm signal long enough around here to be able to hear interference free output from the TT to the fm on the radio.

Just something to consider...............

Why have you given up on using Bluetooth for the audio as thats by far the best method for getting sound from the TT to the car stereo - better quality and no issues with interference - Mike

Why have you given up on using Bluetooth for the audio as thats by far the best method for getting sound from the TT to the car stereo - better quality and no issues with interference - Mike
Bluetooth was for my cell . . . 720 does not have FM capability in Canada unless you upgrade the software [in which case my mostly non-compatable phone becomes totally non-compatable]

As a consequence, it's a challenge being able to lock into any fm signal long enough around here to be able to hear interference free output from the TT to the fm on the radio.
That's what I wondered . . . thanks. I'll put up withthe wire when on the road.

Go720 fm

Hello All,

I live in Toronto. I have set My radio to 87.9 FM and 90% of the time I do not have any problem. Every now and then I get other people FM transmission over power my FM transmission. I know it is not perfect but yet again I am not very picky

Ask a Question