Flawless

TomTom Model(s)
Go 825 Live
Just home from a motorhome trip to Asian Turkey, was rather chary as device alerted me to the fact that some roads may be missing/ directions incorrect.

There were a number of us travelling together, meeting up at specific sites, some of the other motor homers had alternative devices, and boy did they pay a hefty price on a number of occasions.

My Go 825 on the other hand was perfection personified, not one single wrong direction in almost 7000 miles, from circumnavigating Istanbul to very very minor roads in a Turkey few Turks visit never mind Brits .

The reaction on getting out of the motorhome was akin to landing a space ship and an alien alighting.

Can't say any more except fantastically well done Tom Tom, you made a very long trip an absolute piece of cake.

Regards. Robert.

We're not TomTom here (just an independent support site), but it's good to hear that that side of Turkey has been well mapped by TomTom. Sounds like you had quite the adventure! 7K miles? Sounds like you took it across the channel and down. Quite an adventure!

Yes indeed, Dover Calais, drive to Ancona take the ferry to Iginoumitsa, drive across Greece and into Turkey. Fantastic warm hearted people, very generous. Huge amount of interesting sites, Mount Nemrut being but one plus we took a side trip and stayed over in Istanbul which was special too. Recommend Turkey to anyone with a spirit of adventure and a Go 825 live.

Regards Robert

Wow, that's quite some drive Robert! How long did it take you in total? I've done UK > Germany before and thought that was a long way!

Wow, that's quite some drive Robert! How long did it take you in total? I've done UK > Germany before and thought that was a long way!

Yes we left Dover on 03/09/14 travelling via France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy then the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa arriving in Greece on 10/09/14.

After sightseeing (briefly) in Greece we crossed the Turkish border on 13/09/14. we toured very extensively in Turkey visiting various unesco sites plus many very rural areas with difficult roads boarding the ferry in Igoumenitsa 18/10/14 and made our way home to Cumbria by 22/10/14.

Highlights were Mount Nemrut, Istanbul and probably the best of all Meteora monastery in Greece, we are not religious but this place is staggering.

Not bad for a pair of pensioners?

Istanbul takes days to discover. Takes a good 3 days just to hit all of the best tourist sites, and only then can one focus on the 'details'. Could spend an hour just watching the old guys night fishing off the Galata bridge.

Yes indeed I agree wholeheartedly with that, fabulous city, the reason for our very short stopover was that we have been twice before, the first visit around 40 years ago. Still just as fascinating though.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSXLocomotive

Latest Threads

Back