fixing an address

TomTom Model(s)
This product is not as easy as I hoped it would be. I got my tomtom 930 turn it on and its in the wrong language. Grrr. After fumbling around the menus and looking on the internet finally got it in English.

I enter my home location with address and its about 2 blocks away. How do I fix this?

Just mark your home as a favorite or as "home" while sitting at the edge of your driveway. the unit will then take you right to that spot.

addresses are generally pretty iffy.

did you by chance by a demo unit? cause as soon as you open it up, it asks you which language you want.

you can also set your home address using "location" then tap on the screen where your house is.

Rather than using your address as your home position, why not use lat/lon to define your home. It's perfectly accurate. I had to do this with mine as well.

Walk out to the front of your house (drive way entrance) and turn on your TomTom. Then... Tap
  • "Change preferences" <right arrow> <right arrow>
  • "Change Home location" <right arrow>
  • to "My location".
This way it uses your actual position via satellite computation instead of dividing up addresses in your neighborhood.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question