Fixed Pole Speed Camera Warning

Hello.

Montgomery County, Maryland has 60 fixed pole speed cameras. I made the map for the county of each camera location, the enforcement direction, posted speed limit, school zone and management jurisdiction. The map can be found at:

Montgomery County Fixed Speed Cameras Map - Connected Communities

I know the location of each camera by hundred block and lat/long. Is it possible to write a file to add speed camera warnings to the TomTom One 130?

I've been successful in making POI files for my TomTom, but I don't see a way to add speed camera warnings.

Thanks for any help.

Howard Hartman

Last edited:
Why not make a custom poi category called Speed_Cameras and add each listing as a point in the category using your lat/long data?

You can then even associate the poi with a warning sound.

Safety Camera Warnings

Why not make a custom poi category called Speed_Cameras and add each listing as a point in the category using your lat/long data?

You can then even associate the poi with a warning sound.

Well there already is a warning system on the device for red light cameras, although most of them are wrong. I was hoping to be able to add to this file.

Ask a Question