Fix found for U-turn 5 minute delay

And with today's 9.465 release, the bug has been fixed for all PND models. Took them long enough...

Yes, but I think you can take a fair bit of credit for it EVER happening at all on Nav2. It's been on our 'bitch lists' for how long now?

I've been reporting this to Tomtom long before I was a forum moderator, and before I had other more direct contact with Tomtom employees.

I think what convinced them was that I got to the right people in my internal discussions, and linked them to all the threads saying that customers were returning devices and/or buying Garmin instead due to this issue. Someone in their business area finally realized that this may have had a real potential to cause lost sales.

I've been reporting this to Tomtom long before I was a forum moderator, and before I had other more direct contact with Tomtom employees.

I think what convinced them was that I got to the right people in my internal discussions, and linked them to all the threads saying that customers were returning devices and/or buying Garmin instead due to this issue. Someone in their business area finally realized that this may have had a real potential to cause lost sales.

mvl,

Do you have any idea if the fix for the "U-turn 5 minute delay" is included with the current v1.0 Android app or if they are planning to fix the Android app in a future version?

I've used it for a couple days and it seems to avoid U-turns everywhere.

Thanks for pushing for this fix for so long!

mvl,

Do you have any idea if the fix for the "U-turn 5 minute delay" is included with the current v1.0 Android app or if they are planning to fix the Android app in a future version?

I've used it for a couple days and it seems to avoid U-turns everywhere.

Thanks for pushing for this fix for so long!

The bug remains in the Android app... and yes I'm still pushing...

The bug remains in the Android app... and yes I'm still pushing...

Please let me know if I can do anything to help the cause. I have already called customer service and reported the issue but the rep I spoke with didn't seem to understand the issue. Hopefully this will get fixed because it's an excellent app otherwise.

Tomtom fixed the Uturn bug in the Android app 1.3 that is being rolled out today.

Ask a Question