First Use TT GO 740TM Live

Now have in hand new 740TM Live.

First thing I did was put TT in cradle and turn on, but not touch screen after answering all the initial questions. After waiting three minutes unit shut down and little more than 2hr later TT battery was fully charged.

Turned on unit but had one initial issue and not TT issue. My laptop (WinXP SP3) kept reporting faulty usb when I placed TT in cradle and connected so it would not see the TT. Looking through TTForums I found recommendation to delete all the usb ports and good directions how were provided.

Followed instructions, rebooted laptop w/no usb devices attached. After restart plugged in TT cradle, then my mouse then my wireless adapter and all worked well. Once confirmed that, then went to my desktop to finish rest of install.

Interestingly enough, included maps were 20wks old and until I put in the code for lifetime maps, the server for the 30day new map guarantee gave input that it was down. Once I put in the code, 845 map was ID and downloaded via home and installed. Did all this on my desktop because once before I tried downloading an hours long file to my laptop and had it time out before finish. Didn't want to have this happen for the map download.

On my desktop, set everything up and all went swimmingly after nearly 3hr down load.

Followed instructions on win explorer b/u process and how on my desktop have b/u folders: b/u as new, b/u after new map, b/u after move map to sd card (and delete map from internal). FYI Stole, I mean borrowed :D 8Gb Class 6 MicroSD card from my wife's stash for use in her real estate work and it works like a dream.

So far quite happy. Locked to satellites really quickly. Went to try a demo run and had TT calc my best route from home to work. TT picked exactly the way I drive to get there :D Only issue is that Susan sometimes has difficulty pronouncing some of the weird street names I drive down/past here in Las Vegas (Via Meridiana, Pecos Road.)

I have to thank you all. I am sure my setup would have been far slower and much more painful lacking all the insight I find in this forum.

Chuck

App Ver 9.053
But map ver was "20 weeks" old, but didn't cause problem since could update to 845.2645 and supposedly will get notice when map 850 is available.

But TT Home is 2.7.4.1962 and keep getting error that TT740TM Live can't be operated from TT HOME.

Chuck

The inability to 'Operate my GO' is a known issue with just about all newly relaesed models. Wait a couple of weeks and there should be another update that will enable that particular function for your particular model. That is if TT is on track. You may have to wait a lot longer then a couple of weeks.

I suggest you complaiin to TT T/S to, hopefully, light a fire under their programmers. They may be able to tell you what the ETA for tha update is.

Ask a Question