First trip with the XL

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
We used our XL this past week on a trip. Worked GREAT!!! The routing, POI's, voice clarity all worked great for us. No more old eyes trying to read a map. I let a friend use it to find a Harley shop in another town and he said it took him right to it. I feel bad for some that are having problems on this site with the XL. Maybe ignorance is bliss in my case as I don't know too much about these GPS units. I just plug in and go.

We used our XL this past week on a trip. Worked GREAT!!! The routing, POI's, voice clarity all worked great for us. No more old eyes trying to read a map. I let a friend use it to find a Harley shop in another town and he said it took him right to it. I feel bad for some that are having problems on this site with the XL. Maybe ignorance is bliss in my case as I don't know too much about these GPS units. I just plug in and go.

Glad to hear your shakedown cruise went well! What voice did you pick for your TomTom?

We are using "Mandy" US voice.

On the "green screen", it says version 6.590. When I touch 6.590, it shows Map v675.1409

There is some new construction, maybe a year or less old around my area that is not on the map. It just shows a dead end road.

Glad to hear your ONE XL is working out for you! I haven't had any problems with it either and the XL's been great for me too. I actually used it last week to find the Cheesecake Factory restaurant near me.

ps- I've been using the female UK voice. I love her accent. :)

I really haven't found any improvements, at least the areas I've been and around my area. It's still missing streets and POI's, also in parts of Kingston it still routes me to one way streets :(

There aren't improvements (in terms of errors) cause it's the same maps but there is more detail. The Fraser river is mapped further north than on the smaller map. More detail in the small roads (surprisingly). stuff like that.

We are using "Mandy" US voice.

On the "green screen", it says version 6.590. When I touch 6.590, it shows Map v675.1409

There is some new construction, maybe a year or less old around my area that is not on the map. It just shows a dead end road.

6.59? we're on 6.56 for the app version. But yeah, 675 is the latest map version.

Ask a Question