First Timmer Post

TomTom Model(s)
GO 700
I JUST PURCHASED A GO 700 (REFIRBISHED) FROM EBAY i UPDATE THE VERSION TO 5.420 FROM 5.410 BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT PAIR WITH MY VERIZON RAZOR V3C PHONE. AFTER UPGRADE I WAS ABLE TO PAIR AND MAKE AND RECEIVE CALL BUT CAN ONLY HEAR (REC) I HAVE NO TRANSMISSION.
HERE'S MY QUESTION:
DOES THE GO 700 HAVE A MIC ? AND IF SO WHERE IS IT LOCATED ?
THERE IS NO SMALL HOLE ON THE FACE. COULD IT BE AT THE REAR WHERE THE SPEAKER IS ? OR DO I NEED A DIFFERENT MOUNT OR AN EXTERNAL MIC AND WHERE DOES THE EXTERNAL MIC PLUG INTO. LIKE I SAID I'M A NEWBIE AND THE TOMTOM WEB SITE LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED.
BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANKX TOM

I JUST PURCHASED A GO 700 (REFIRBISHED) FROM EBAY i UPDATE THE VERSION TO 5.420 FROM 5.410 BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT PAIR WITH MY VERIZON RAZOR V3C PHONE. AFTER UPGRADE I WAS ABLE TO PAIR AND MAKE AND RECEIVE CALL BUT CAN ONLY HEAR (REC) I HAVE NO TRANSMISSION.
HERE'S MY QUESTION:
DOES THE GO 700 HAVE A MIC ? AND IF SO WHERE IS IT LOCATED ?
THERE IS NO SMALL HOLE ON THE FACE. COULD IT BE AT THE REAR WHERE THE SPEAKER IS ? OR DO I NEED A DIFFERENT MOUNT OR AN EXTERNAL MIC AND WHERE DOES THE EXTERNAL MIC PLUG INTO. LIKE I SAID I'M A NEWBIE AND THE TOMTOM WEB SITE LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED.
BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANKX TOM

Yes the Go has a mic which plugs into the car/windshield mounting base. The mic is a separate item which came packaged w/ my 510. It is not built in!! Apparently yours is missing. The mic plugs into the base and has a clip on it to mout wherever you want..

Sorry

Sorry I found the answer..........
wrong dock packaged with refirbed unit. am on hold with tomtom support. will see how good their support is. Thanks for looking.

JimT said:
The mic is a separate item which came packaged w/ my 510.

Yes. My GO 510 also came with a mic -- but it's optional. There's a built-in mic on the 510 -- it's the little pinhole about 1/2" to the left of the release button, on the face of the unit.

I've sent/received several phone calls using my 510, and haven't even taken the external mic out of it's protective plastic bag...

Yes. My GO 510 also came with a mic -- but it's optional. There's a built-in mic on the 510 -- it's the little pinhole about 1/2" to the left of the release button, on the face of the unit.

I've sent/received several phone calls using my 510, and haven't even taken the external mic out of it's protective plastic bag...

That pinhole is not a mic- it's the photosensor for detecting whether it is night or day. It detects ambient light and changes your screen from day to night screen if so selected in the menu. The mic which came w/ my 510 is a corded mic and it plugs into the winshield base.

That pinhole is not a mic- it's the photosensor for detecting whether it is night or day. It detects ambient light and changes your screen from day to night screen if so selected in the menu. The mic which came w/ my 510 is a corded mic and it plugs into the winshield base.

Actually, on the 510, that pinhole is the built-in mic. The photosensor is on the top right of the unit, directly across from the power button. (This is also pointed out in the manual.)

Actually, on the 510, that pinhole is the built-in mic. The photosensor is on the top right of the unit, directly across from the power button. (This is also pointed out in the manual.)

Thanks!! I was misled!!

no problem... so, the real question is, is there no built-in microphone on the GO 700 ? (I don't know.. perhaps none of the original GO series (500, 700, 900) had a built-in microphone...)

Ask a Question