First PND TT One 3rd Edition

TomTom Model(s)
TT One 3rd Edition
Hi everyone! I'm excited that I finally have a PND so I won't get LOST.

Yesterday, after weeks of reading and lurking here and there and changing my mind and losing my mind, I bought my first PND, Tomtom One 3rd Edition, the one with Mapshare and potential for RDS-TMC traffic ???. But no Bluetooth or SD slot.

I'm still figuring all this out. Glad this forum is here!

Victoria

Hello victoria, welcome to the forum.

I'm just a little confused on the device you are describing, the only devices that have mapshare currently is the 520/720 units.

Thanks victoria, you are right, the product description does say Map Share. I wasn't aware of any TT1 having the Map Share already.

It looks like it may have NavCore 7 if thats the case. Would you be able to post the information of the version you have on your TT1?

To do that, in the navigation screen tap the bottom right (where it shows the signal strength), then tap the little button that says version.

It should take you to a scree showing the App version, GPS version, boot, and map version. Would you be able to fill us in on what it displays? (Do not post your device id).

TT One 3rd Edition

Hi
Okay, here is what it says:

App 7.101 (8427/070705) OS:27:11
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3006
Map USA and Canada v 705.1481

Vickie

Hi
Okay, here is what it says:

App 7.101 (8427/070705) OS:27:11
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3006
Map USA and Canada v 705.1481

Vickie

Thanks Vickie.

Wow, It looks like the ONE's are now shipping with NavCore 7. I hope it means that the older ONE devices get the firmware update soon.

This is really interesting to me. I was trying to see more technical specs but the Amazon site is very brief. I wonder why they cut off BT and SD slot?!?

I hesitated on this unit because of the lack of the SD slot. But, instead it has the traffic receiver port occupying that spot. I wanted traffic but I didn't want the hassle of Bluetooth traffic. So I am okay with the trade off if it all works.

Vickie

pics

Here are a couple of pics. It may be difficult to see the image of 2 cars next to the RDS-TMC traffic receiver connector. I just got a response from Tomtom saying that the receiver should be available later this month.

Vickie

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 417
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 440
Im sure you can.
Has anyone seen the ONE v3 in retail stores yet?
I would like to play with the display model.

Ask a Question