first download says "device full"

TomTom Model(s)
one xl s
recently got a tt 1 xls. love it, :) mostly.

spent over an hour downloading updates, and then it says
"device full" and like abort procedures or something like that. :(

did i buy such an old tt that it doesn't have enough memory to download updates? :confused:

can i select the updates to download, like just pois or for SW USA,
or such? :rolleyes:

Was one of the items you updated a map? If so, copy the original map to a folder on the computer and use Home to try to install the new map again (it'll already be downloaded to your computer).

Are you going to Guam anytime soon? If not then you can remove that map and save yourself some space.

Exact same thing happened to me. TT Support walked me through a full format and reload - and then the new map loaded. You MUST back up your entire TT with hidden files to your computer hard drive first - from this I was directed to reload all except all but one computer voice file - and then when all was updated and new map installed, reload the voice files. This seemed to make room for everything, plus extra room for more. Do not do a format without doing it with Support - if something goes wrong they will either help or have you send the unit to them to install all.

New TT1 XLS user here. The device has a 1GB internal memory, however it's almost full. It only has one computer voice and a 2nd one won't even fit. Guam maps are tiny so not much can be replaced.

Best is to get a 2GB card (get at least a 60x rated). AFAIK these units don't support SDHC, so that's as high as you can go.

This will give you plenty of room to add POIs additonal voices and maybe even a map or two depending on where you travel. If you would need to get more maps, then your best option would be to get additional SD cards.

Remember the unit uses either internal or SD, not both.

Ask a Question