Firmware corrupted! TomTom in endless Restart Loop [Resolved]

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Live 1000
Dear TomTom Tech Support

I have a TomTom Live 1000 and I received a notification from myTomTom that I have new updates waiting for me. There was 2 updates, one for speed cameras, and one for the firmware 10.xx (can't remember the rest).

After the application on my PC downloaded the updates, it requested me to plug-in my tomtom device, which I did... now after the update, I am UNABLE to use the TomTom... it's stuck in this endless loop of resets. It stays on for about 40 seconds, and then restarts.

I've tried plugging it back into the PC to make another firmware update, but it wouldn't even stay on long enough for me to do the update. As soon as I plug it into the PC, the myTomTom application says "Connected", and then "Installation interrupted", which I then see the TomTom black out and restart.

What can I do to fix this? I tried doing a Soft Reset by holding the button in for more than 15 seconds, but it still doesn't allow me to do ANYTHING... it just resets itself!

Thanks in advance.

First of all, we are NOT TomTom Tech support here, just an independent forum of TomTom users just as yourself ........

That said, when you do what you refer to as a 'soft reset', are you hearing the drum sounds when the unit starts up again?

If not, try again but keep holding the button till you do.........

Yes the soft reset is the one where I wait until the Drums play. But I've done that more than 5 times and the phone still has this endless restart loop...

OK dhn, is it time to break out the 'emergency measure' for this user to see if we can keep him from having to return it? AFAIK, we're free to do so now. Given his status, can't hurt.

Canderson, if it is possible, because at the moment I cannot touch or do anything on it... otherwise I'll have to go and give it back tomorrow.

[Solved]

Alright thanks guys. I managed to fix it. I found the "Reset to Factory Defaults" tab in the settings in between the 40 second restart period and that fixed the problem. Lost most of my stuff though, but that is a small price to pay for making this thing work again!

I can't seem to find on how to edit the Topic to "Corrupted Firmare [Solved]"...

But again, Thanks for everything.

Last edited:
Alright thanks guys. I managed to fix it. I found the "Reset to Factory Defaults" tab in the settings in between the 40 second restart period and that fixed the problem. Lost most of my stuff though, but that is a small price to pay for making this thing work again!

I can't seem to find on how to edit the Topic to "Corrupted Firmare [Solved]"...

But again, Thanks for everything.
Fast fingers there! Glad you were able to resolve it that way. Didn't realize that you had menus up for that 40 seconds. You can bet we'll keep this one in mind if we hear anyone else with similar symptoms. You never know who you might have helped here.

Ask a Question