Firmware 6.51 for TomTom Go x10

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
TomTom has released a new firmware for the x10 series which supports TMC and Car Connect. Version 6.51 is only available through TomTom HOME.

Oh man. And I only have a GO 700. Maybe it's finally time to upgrade.

Well it's only for the x10 series ;)
The update does have TMC and Car Connect usage ready now, but already we saw disadvantages.
The biggest is that if you have speedcams and red light camera's from TomTom Plus, they aren't adjustable now!
They have a fixed range (500 meters), about 1640 feet and a fixed sound.

If however you don't use that, it should be no problem to update.
Some users also report having a better and faster fix on gps.

Has anyone updated to the new firmware? I still don't have my Home Dock and would like to know people's experiences with them. So far I've heard people getting better reception.

I think it is getting a better read on GPS satellites. I'm putting mine in the car once a week or so, but I'm sort of playing with it in the house, and it's on 4 of 5 bars.
I had posted a question to TT techs 2-3 weeks ago, and they finally got back, with an apology, this week. I wanted to know about using the TT910 to do route planning from my computer, but forgot to tell them I used a Mac. While I waited for their response, I found that the feature -- using an image of the TT910 screen on your computer to control the GPS -- doesn't work on a Mac.

I also asked what improvements were in 6.51. The response:

"The 6.51 update includes:

Support for the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver for Europe.

Safety Cameras - it's now easier to manage your Safety Cameras. Safety Cameras have been removed from the list of POIs. To enable or disable Safety Camera warnings, tap these buttons from the Main Menu: TomTom PLUS services > Safety Cameras > Enable/Disable warnings. The list of POIs is also easier to use, as it no longer has lots of entries for Safety Cameras."

I've responded to ask if the improvements will affect the TMC for US TomToms when they arrive.

I loaded the firmwar and the tomtom crashed. Would not recognize satellites and rolling back to previous version, ie restore, did not solve the problem. Could have been a coincidence but it happened exactly when I restarted the 910 after the upgrade. Support said to reset and then allow extra time. Reset was successful waited thirty minutes, restarted the unit and still no satellites. Called the local vendor and they replaced it, again. The sales person was a young guy who said "another one". When this unit is functioning it is great, it solves much of my driving problem. My concern is that things seem to be released and services and accessories promised before they are ready. I was going to write a review about how the tomtom made my job so much easier for a limited circulation journal but I decided perhaps later.
XM was to be the backup article. Can say nothing nice about that experience so no article yet.

Ask a Question