Finding other computer voices?

I seem to have only the US female computer voice (forget her name) and would like to try some others for the text to speech function. Can't find them on the tomtom site and when I connect to home and go to add voices I get a huge list of voices in many languages, including the standard ones on my unit plus the celebrity ones...but no indication of where the other three (or four?) computer voices are. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm using Home 2.

Last edited:
On TT Home 2.1, click on "Add Maps, Traffic Voices ...". I believe you should then see a "Computer Voices" box to click on.

insert the TomTom CD that came with your 720.
Go to HOME 2 and select 'Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc'
Go the the third page and you will see 'Computer Voices'
Select that option and you will see more voices from your CD that you may install on your unit such as 'Dave'

I think people mistake the 'voice' option on the first page to install the computer voices and get no where.

Hope this helps.

OK, well that was interesting. Just downloaded Kate, the UK computer voice. Then set up a route and she said "No phone...route cleared...two hundred metres....buzzzzzzz!"

Perhaps a glitch in the download? Too tired to deal with it now.

Ask a Question