Finding my way back

Hi,

Just joined so will put my first question to the forum.

If I start from a new location say, Location A, go to Location B and then want to find my way back to Location A, how can I save Location A so that I can find my way back. I know I can go into Where am I and take down the co-ordinates, but is there another way of saving Location B without having to do that ?

Glad of any ideas !

Also, if you used the TomTom to get you to location A in the first place, then it will appear in the list of "Recent destinations" on the "Navigate to..." screen.

"Recent destinations" can be a very useful history of your travels.

Thanks for your suggestion. However let me outline a situation that I recently found myself in. I arriived at Seville airport in the evening and in the dark. A mini bus took me to the car hire location off airport. I collected my car and left for the hotel some 30 miles away. What I wanted is to be able to do is say, I am here, ( at the car hire location ) save this location. I could then call up this location when I wanted to find my way back to the car hire location. ( in daylight ! ) I have XL by the way. I don't know if later TOM TOM's have this facility.

At the car park, once you have a gps fix, set the Home location as 'current location' and then you can navigate to Home (ie, the car rental) when needed in the future

You can save your Current location as "Home", as a Favourite, or as a user-POI. They are all in the menus.
The actual menu sequences to do each one vary from model to model, but to add as a Favourite or POI are both found in Change Preferences / Manage Favourites or Manage POIs.
Change Home Location is also in my Change Preferences menu.

(If yours is an XL "2" it may have the dumbed-down easy-menu so some options may be hidden, but you should still be able to save as "Home" or a Favourite easily. An ordinary XL should have all the menus .

Last edited:
Hi.

Thanks to all those you answered my query regarding getting back to an original location either via home or favorites. I will now be able to find my way back to where ever I am ( if you know what I mean !!

Ned

Ask a Question