File System

TomTom Model(s)
XL (30 Series), XL IQ Routes
Should the file system on my XL (30 series} be Fat 32 because when i check it in windows explorer its just Fat.

many thanks

Tomtom Nav 2 devices (those using Home 2 and for which the contents can be seen by Explorer/Finder) require fat32.

how do i change it to fat32 now that it is refusing to be seen on windows explorer and wont disconnect from Home 2 either.
it is causing so many problems this tomtom in some instances it says no items are on the device and next time i connect up there back on

Um... did you format your unit for some reason???

Sounds like we're finally getting to the nub of the problem... I assume this all started when you weren't able to reliably connect your device to your PC. I've seen what you describe (contents seemingly appear and disappear when connected and viewed with Explorer, and Home isn't happy, either). I had a USB problem that was causing my issue.

no ive not formatted it im just trying to cure a problem where it wont go passed the splash screen and ive been looking on here for about a week now trying to solve the issue

Are you currently able to see the entire content of your unit using Explorer? You'll want to try several times to be sure. Next, can you compare to the content of your unit to the map folder that you were trying to back up and assure that everything is there?

after messing and swapping the usb cable the contents have come back on my unit and i did manage to back up a copy of my maps into a folder on windows explorer

OK. Before doing anything else, is Home also happy with the cable that you were able to use when you made the backup to your PC?

As noted before, the bizarre "now you see it, now you don't" problem I had with my devices turned out to be a marginal USB port on the front of my machine (one that had taken a couple of static hits, as it happens). But cables and ports can both make this magic act happen.

And you've deleted the MapSettings.cfg file from the current map folder?

Ask a Question