File System Questions on the 720

Some basic file system questions:

What can and can't be placed on a SD card? (maps folders, POI.DAT, CRPOI.DAT, speech files, OV2's, MP3's, Pics, etc...)

If I put maps on the SD, do I have to do something special to get the GO to see them? Can I keep the bulk of my maps in the main storage, but offload components to a SD (example - offload POI.DAT to a NorthAmerica folder on the SD, while keeping the rest of the NorthAmerica data in main storage)?

I placed some custom OV2 files in the POI folder on my device, but they didn't show up in the navigation screen - I had to place them in the Noth American Map folder to see them during navigation - what is the purpose of the POI folder?

Thanks for any help!

Some basic file system questions:

What can and can't be placed on a SD card? (maps folders, POI.DAT, CRPOI.DAT, speech files, OV2's, MP3's, Pics, etc...)

If I put maps on the SD, do I have to do something special to get the GO to see them? Can I keep the bulk of my maps in the main storage, but offload components to a SD (example - offload POI.DAT to a NorthAmerica folder on the SD, while keeping the rest of the NorthAmerica data in main storage)?

I placed some custom OV2 files in the POI folder on my device, but they didn't show up in the navigation screen - I had to place them in the Noth American Map folder to see them during navigation - what is the purpose of the POI folder?

Thanks for any help!

The poi.dat file and the crpoi.dat file must BOTH reside in the North American map folder, whether you choose to put that folder on a sd card or keep it in internal memory.

Other than that, you can basically 'mix and match' as to where you keep mp3's, photos, and tomtom voices you've got and put in a voices folder. However, the cspeech.dat files ALSO must be kept within the NA folder.

As a matter of fact, you can, for example, have a mp3 folder in internal memory AND a mp3 folder on a sd card, both containing mp3 files. Your 720 will recognize all of them.

Ask a Question