Feedback on Route Planner (Beta)

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
TomTom's Beta Route Planner is supposed to plan according to current traffic conditions, so I decided to try it out. I planned the same Chicago route using Route Planner and my GO 730. The calculated routes were different, so I checked the current road conditions in Chicago with traffic.com.

Route Planner did not route me around traffic problems at all, but into problems! My GO's route avoided the problems.

So I tried it again, this time looking for traffic problems in Chicago. Again, TomTom's Route Planner routed me right into the problems as if they weren't there. traffic.com showed the direct route as well as an alternate route based on the traffic.

I don't think Route Planner is seeing traffic problems.

I asked Route Planner to direct me to "Ohare Airport, Chicago, IL" but instead it directed me to "N Mannheim Rd US 12/US 45, Northlake IL"

Totally wrong.

When I entered "Chicago ohare Int'l airport, chicago, il" it directed me to "Mannheim Rd US 12/US 45, Rosemont IL"

A bit closer, but still wrong.

Last edited:

Ask a Question