favourites

TomTom Model(s)
tom tom go live 1005
hi.ive got a go 530,a garmin nulink,and just got a go live 1005 europe.on the go 530,my favourites show on the map,as little gold stars.to me this is a great feature.on the go live no favourites,on the map.is there a way to get,favourites on the map on the go live 1005.
thanks.john.

There's an easier way.....:)

There is a simple "Content transfer assistant" utility available from TomTom, which is a one step solution for copying across Favourites (keeping them as Favourites) from an old TomTom to a new one.
It transfers your other personal stuff such as POIs, car cursors, map colour schemes etc. too.

Get it from here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14081/?locale=en_GB

-----------

Once you have made some Favourites (or transferred them from the old unit), then they should still show on the Go1005 map, in exactly the same way as on the Go530.

Are you sure you haven't forgotten to tick Favourites in the map display options screen?
(Go to "view map" and then tap "Options")

Here's that screen on my Go1005 and some Favourites on display:

attachment.php

Favourites won't show up on the normal "Navigation view" though... But AFAIK, they never have done (they certainly don't on my old Go720).

Attachments

• Go1005_Favourites.jpg
    Go1005_Favourites.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 449
Yes there is .......... in my reply, I originally provided that link but couldn't see 'favourites' listed even though it was right in front of my eyes .........:frusty:

0-15, I guess.........

Ah that's just for speed of replies, I 'd say this is "advantage" :D

hi.and thank you both.this has had me stumped for the last three days.i had already transfered the files,from old tomtom to new.but i had not ticked the favourites,box i had the traffic box ticked.which grayed out the favourites.so i could not tick it.i un ticked traffic,then ticked favourites.and it works now,thanks to you.regards.john.

Yes that Traffic business confuses a lot of people. For some reason it's always been "either/or". You can only have Traffic showing on it's own on the "Browse map" screen, or haveall the other stuff showing, but not both.

TT have made it even more confusing still on the latest models, by making the default colour scheme for the normal 2D map the "Traffic" scheme. So it's not even obvious which mode you're in.

Last edited:
yes andy.its getting very confusing.im suppose to have,three year free services on here.but its telling me ive got one.anyway thanks to you,ive got favourites on the map.regards.john.

Ask a Question