Favorites' Management?

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by Viruside, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Viruside

Viruside

Hello there. Just got this and already got my first question.

Is there a way to save the favorites? I work in mobile radio (police/fire/etc) and when working on sites, I would like to mark a favorite and record where I'm at. Then bring the TT1 back to the office and download where my sites were so that I can compare them to the location we had on file.

Is there anything that can do this for me? I updated HOME last night as well as the TT1.

Thanks!

Viruside, Nov 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Viruside

Giorgio57

TomTom Model(s):
    Mercedes A160 Go300 - 510 Apple iPhone
    Favorites

Turn on the TomTom go to menue 2 of 3 .
    You will se ADD FAVORITE tap it then tap the blue arrow, then tap GPS position.

Giorgio57, Nov 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Viruside

Viruside

Thank you for the reply. I had already input locations using that exact method and I was hoping there was a way to retrieve them from the TT1 device so that I could use them in another program such as....Google Earth / Delorme / Streets and Trips.

Thanks

Viruside, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Viruside

mikecwest

you can use EVENT_LOGGER, to log as a POI.....Use POI EDIT to use the POI in any deviant way you sesire :)

mikecwest, Nov 29, 2006
  5. Viruside

Viruside

Ha, it's hardly a deviant way to use it! I just want to have the location of my POI's :) Is POI Edit a program? Is Event Logger one too?

Viruside, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Viruside

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    The TomTom screen will display the GPS coordinates on the screen. To turn this feature on, go to Browse Map, click on Options and make sure the Coordinates box is checked.

Your Favorites show up on the map as stars. Just put the cursor on one and the GPS coordinates are displayed for you. You can then enter these coordinates into another mapping program.

Hope this helps.

46jimbo, Dec 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question