Favorites lost AGAIN !

AFAIK the Favourites limit has been 48 for quite some time

Perhaps I'm confused. My data comes from migrating all those favorites from my Garmin to the new TT, which was not very easy. Those ~70 favorites got loaded by me figuring out how to convert them from Garmin to TT format and then manually moving them onto the TT. So maybe if I had tried loading them normally, via the TT itself rather than manually, maybe it would have tanked at #49 as you suggest.

Me too ... lost favorites on GO 930

And after I updated, copied the file from my backup as noted elsewhere in this forum, and went into the endless reboot loop. This had worked for me before, so not sure what the problem was this time around. Sigh. Running restore for an hour or so now, after which I will try and convert to a custom POI, and then update map for a couple of hours again.

This is unacceptable. How can this company continue to create this problem for their users ? It has been two years of this crap. I for one have had enough.

-Chuck Mosher:mad:

I don't think that is possible.

But you can try this...........

Download Poi Edit from here: PoiEdit - Main

It can read the mapsettings.cfg file where the favourites are kept. You may be able to shift the order that way and resave the file.

No promises.........

I'm glad it's not just me. I just connected by Tom Tom to my computer as I do regularly to update it, and lost all my favourites. I have emailed Tom Tom three times, and got variations on the same "Blame the customer" theme each time, telling me I must have deleted them myself. As all my other settings are fine, including "Home", this is obviously not true. They sanctimoniously tell me I should have backed up, which I haven't, because I don't know how and they're not telling me.

And after I updated, copied the file from my backup as noted elsewhere in this forum, and went into the endless reboot loop. This had worked for me before, so not sure what the problem was this time around.

See earlier in this thread - the reboot loop is normal in app 8.x. Run operate my device in Tomtom HOME and add a Favorite. It fixes the reboot loop without need for a backup/restore.

Tomtom fixed the favorites issue in app 9.x, and has been installed on all models launched in 2009 or later. It's been almost 2 years since any upgrades on app 8.x devices, so I really really doubt any old models will ever get a fix.

Ask a Question