Favorites deleted for no reason on 930

TomTom Model(s)
930T
My favorites gets deleted for no reason on 930 sometimes when I turn off and turn back on.

I am using SD card and it has North America and Europe maps.

There is no way I can save the favorites so if each time it deletes I can copy back?

If so, what file name do I save and what directory is it on?

Thanks

Zhong

The file that saves your favourites is called "MapSettings.cfg" and you will find one in each of the two map folders (North_America and Western_Europe) To be honest I don't use Favourites as they are too prone to getting lost/ wiped out etc.
Instead consider using a custom POI file on the device as you can have loads more entries and save phone numbers against each location. To make sure your custom POI category is always displayed at the top of the index name it "_My Favourites" (without the "" but note the _ at the start of the name) - Mike

... Instead consider using a custom POI file on the device as you can have loads more entries and save phone numbers against each location. To make sure your custom POI category is always displayed at the top of the index name it "_My Favourites" (without the "" but note the _ at the start of the name) - Mike
It has been suggested to zhong several times to make a new POI category instead of using Favorites.

I dunno why there is favorites feature then if it is so bad that it always deletes itself possibly if one turns the gps off and back on again. The file must be made poorly then if it deletes by itself all the time.

I find favorites easier to find and use compared to POI. Unfortunately the "MapSettings.cfg" file seems not to be stable.

Zhong

I knew of the loss of Favorites when changing the OS as it brings a new, empty MapSettings.cfg file with it.
(Retrospect remark: In view of what follows I wonder if this is still applicable.)

I had not heard of loosing the data in MapSettings.cfg by just switching off the device.

Just checking my Favorites i find the same three entries that I had put there for testing some time ago. Definitely before OS 3.5.0 and they are still there now in 3.5.1 .

Checking with Windows Explorer I see the three entries in the 14 KB cfg file and it is dated today (must be because I opened it in the device five minutes ago) but I also have a 2KB file called MapSettings.cf where I cannot make out what the data represents and which seems to be dated the day I upgraded to 3.5.1.

Ask a Question