Faulty go910

TomTom Model(s)
GO510
Hi bought a faulty GO910 to have play round with to see what make them tick, anyway were the power supply plugs into was very loose but it did power up made the right noises. You could faintly see the images
if you stirred at it for a while the on/off button is very sloppy as well, on stripping it down the power connection was only connected by 2 contacts the others were not touching then it fell off. Can i buy a new circuit board for the top or are the boards on the 510 and 710 the same.

Regards Tomtombob1:eek::eek:

parts for tomtom

hi mate theres a few places online to buy parts but might be pricey,ave a look on ebay might just get a device under spares or repair cheap then just swap parts might be a cheaper way round it hope helps.;)

Hi the only problem with buying spares or repairs is they could have the same problem i
have been told this is a common fault on the GO510/710/910, i would like to know how much new parts would be, and i have already searched ebay with no luck yet oh welcome to the forum.

Regards Bob

Last edited:
UK based supermod, mikealder, should probably partake of this thread sooner or later. He can probably give you some good information.

Is the part thats broken on the actual docking connector in the PND itself? - if so you will be best parting it out for spares as you can change the PCB for a different one but the device ID will change so none of the maps will work, if you fit a 510 or 710 PCB to it you will find the mp3 player and Text To Speech will disapear - I had a 910 in bits on Saturday night they are not the best of units to take to bits! - Mike

Go910

Hi Mike thanks for the feedback "tomtom" have made it differcult to do anthing yourself, you say put it out for spares but what is actually usable apart from the SPEAKER, SCREEN AND CASING. it sounds like everything else is scrap.

Regards Bob.

GO910 Question

Hi few months on from last question but some one on EBAY is selling mainboards for "510/710" and is saying you can fit them to a 910 aswell, all you have to do is reactivate the 910 maps. Not sure on what he means "reactivate" or does he mean reinstall them l have asked him but he says send my unit to him and he will do it for me. l have been told in the past you can not fit the other mainboards to the 910 and get it working has something happened since then and it can be done any advice welcome.

Regards Tomtombob1

PS l am a mechanic not a computer boffin so l dont understand alot of the lingo and how to do things please go lightly on me hehehe.

Last edited:
If he is offering to install 910 maps if you send the unit to him, I'd be very leary.

Maps are locked to the unit when installed so more than likely he is offering to install hacked maps and application to make it all work --- supposedly.

Hi thanks for the reply l was thinking along the same lines as you, l put a good 710 mainboard on the 910 and it made all the right noises but on loading up the screen stopped at the flashing cross.

Regards Tomtombob1

Hi right l will try that but dont hold your breath waiting for a reply it will proberly take all weekend to do that, thanks for the reply and sugestion l will report back when l have some news when ever that is.

Ask a Question