fat 32 SD card formating - how to?

I own both a 720 and a just purchased yesterday 920 (Office Depot, $299 after $75 mail in rebate) and would like to add a larger memory to the 720. I can put the card in the unit but cannot transfer anythign to it. I see that it needs to be formatted and have found the term fat 32 formating for the SD card. I'll asssume the fat is an acronym for something (file allocation something or anohter maybe).

How do I format my SD card with fat 32? Is this even asking the right questions.

Thank you

Mark W

Hopefully, you have a sd card reader. If so, put the card in it, use Windows Explorer and point to the card. Normally right click, format, fat32 works from there.

Yes, FAT means File Allocation Table, which refers to a table of cluster pointers used to measure out "chunks" of the disk to each file. (I know, probably TMI! :) ).

FAT32 is required for disks / cards over a certain size - which I think is 1 or 2 Gb. Perhaps that's why my 2Gb card works with FAT or FAT32, but a 4Gb would need FAT32.

Ask a Question