False MyTomTom Updates Notice

I agree, the new MyTomtom system is not self-contained like Home was, it relies on a browser's javascript, flash, an enabler app, and an encrypted ethernet-over-usb connection.

I expect Tomtom phone support was just doing the standard script of trying to eliminate all variables.

In all the forum posts I've seen, MyTomtom has only had problems with Kapersky and McAffee's corporate "host intrusion protection" software. No other AV's have had a problem.

This morning I installed what appears to be a new version of MyTomTom (3.2.0.906 is what is now reported as the version, but I don't know what I was on previously) in response to a "there are updates available message". Since this update it appears that the false notice of updates is FINALLY resolved.

Does anyone know if this is indeed the case? I'm just curious. Not long after I started this thread I shut off the update checks since it was too annoying. I'd like to go back to weekly if it isn't too painful :).

I suspect the new version will now have an 'Exit' link which, if selected, truly shuts down the application whereas earlier versions just had a 'close' link which kept the app running in the background. User had to hold the Shift key while clicking on 'close' to truly shut down the app.

As for the elimination of false 'you have updates' messages, we ARE talking about MyTomTom here. :(

The "you have updates" message should have gone away with the device app 12.055.

You may have installed that device update the same time you were installing a mytomtom update.

I'm confused...since it's MyTomTom that notifes me that updates are available how does the version of the device app solve the issue? The device isn't even connected until AFTER I get the message. Or was the old app telling little white lies about what it had installed? :D

Your device acts as a server and the app helps determine what information should be passed to the Web page and the MyTomTom desktop icon.

I'm using 3.2.0.1048 on my mac and had to disable CLICKTOFLASH to get it to work.

just a FYI in case you have a mac and find yourself in a download loop

Problem still persists

I am on release 3.2.0.906 and am still suffering from this bug . I have reported it to TomTom twice, the last time only a few days ago. They acknowledge the problem but can't give any information on a fix.

If you have this problem please please please report it as a bug. If TomTom get a very large number of reports they may actually get round to fixing it.

Thank goodness their sat nav unit software is not as buggy else who knows where we would end up on a journey.

Ask a Question