External microphone

Hello!

I'm looking for an external microphone to use for handsfree calling (because the ones I'm talking to can't hear me good). But the problem is that I can't find a microphone for the GO 930? Only for the older models like 910 and 710.
Isn't there support for this in the 930 model?

Regards
Dennis

I'm looking for an external microphone to use for handsfree calling (because the ones I'm talking to can't hear me good).

I had the same problem.
When you are one a phone call, make sure your mobile phone volume is at its highest setting.
Uncheck "Link volume to noise level" and make sure the 930 volume is set at 100%.
For some reason my volume seemed to get back to 60 %. Before calling and when receiving a call make sure the level is at 100 %.
If stationary this volume of the 930 becomes too loud but all callers have had no problems hearing me since.

Hint: use the remote control. I didn't touch it for two months until I got the basics of a GPS. It is very good. The only "flaw" I found is that it cannot be used for Navigate to Point on map.

Thanks, I will look in to that. But why haven't TomTom made a external microphone for the Go 930 like they did for 910? Is it technically impossible to use a third-party mic? Because I only see a audio out connector.

Ask a Question