Exterior antenna cable length?

Does anyone know the length of the cable on the exterior antenna for the TomTom One? Called tech support at TomTom and they were clueless about the cable length and a number of other questions. Also, does anyone know if an alternate mount system will be offered for the One? Thanks.

As I don't know the cable length of the external antenna, I know there is a vent mount for the tomtom one version 2.
Click Here to see it.
However, 2 users are reporting that it's too narrow and a tight fit for the One mount. What option did you have in mind for alternate mount system? I know there are the dashboard disks available, but Im not too familar with the new One mount to see if that would work. I have pictures of my dashboard disk in the members showoff section.

I ordered one yesterday and I should be getting it on the 30th. If someone hasn't replied by then I'll let you know. I think I read somewhere that it was 2 meters, but I could be total wrong about that.

as a side note: as a former tech support person who actually did care about technology, computers and such, I can tell you that many if not most level 1 tech support people don't know anything but how to look up FAQs in a Knowledge Base. It's possible that the people you called were only equipped to answer questions about software not hardware. What you need to do is call them have them give you a pat answer, then call back and say that you talked to a level 1 tech already and can you please speak with a supervisor. No need to be rude or angry, just be matter of fact. That will usually get you to the right person.

Last edited:
Just got the external antenna for my TT1 today. I didn't have a tape measure, but i measured it against a 6' high cabinet, the cable length looks to be about 18'. HTH

Thanks for the info, I will be ordering one myself now. It's a shame TomTom didn't know the answer. Does anyone know if an alternate mount system will be offered for the One? TomTom didn't know that answer either. Thanks.

RockJock, about the alternative mount for the new one...
If you have a proclip or brodit vehicle mount, brodit make the device holder for the new ONE.

Link

215189.jpg
215201.jpg

Ask a Question