Exit question on TT1

Yes ,I have a TT1 and when it says exit right in 2 mi. then when getting closer to that exit it say exit, say 500yds. But if there are say, for example exit 100 A and B it does't tell you close enough. I have had to turn around and get back on and get off the other exit. This has took me in some parts of bad places and I try to hurry to get out and back on my route. I have got off the wrong exit a time or two. I was wondering if there is a way to set it to say what exit No. to get off, for example say exit 100 A.. Or maybe someone can tell a better way to read this thing... Thanks

Yes ,I have a TT1 and when it says exit right in 2 mi. then when getting closer to that exit it say exit, say 500yds. But if there are say, for example exit 100 A and B it does't tell you close enough. I have had to turn around and get back on and get off the other exit. This has took me in some parts of bad places and I try to hurry to get out and back on my route. I have got off the wrong exit a time or two. I was wondering if there is a way to set it to say what exit No. to get off, for example say exit 100 A.. Or maybe someone can tell a better way to read this thing... Thanks

Under voice preferences, page 1, is Read aloud Road numbers checked? And on page 2, read aloud sign posts?

May help.........

I have mine set to display next street name and the exit number usually shows in the upper right corner of the map display. I also think it's easier to identify which exit or road you need when they are close together if the display is set on 3D.

Thanks for the replies..I bought this TT1 about 2YRS ago. and I don't know if it is a text to speech. I'm at work right now I'll check when I get home. It does give you the exit signs but then again which one do I take if there close together, it tells you to turn to soon and then it is the wrong exit... Thanks Again.. for the replies.

We had the experience of using a TomTom One while in Australia last week. I missed the tts functionality of my 720 as many exits required in Melbourne were close together as roads veered off and a voice confirming our turn would have been nice. Also, since the screen is smaller on the One than on the 720, my old eyes were challenged! :eek:

Ask a Question