Exit number ?

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one le
My question is when you navagate to a location and take the Highway, is there a way to see what exit number you will be taken? My tomtom one gives the route or exit name I am going to but not the number. Just would be nice to know you are going to exit 50 and right now you are at exit 12.

Thanks in advance.

My question is when you navagate to a location and take the Highway, is there a way to see what exit number you will be taken? My tomtom one gives the route or exit name I am going to but not the number. Just would be nice to know you are going to exit 50 and right now you are at exit 12.

Thanks in advance.

Last time I travelled on the highway, my TomTom actually had the exit number listed in front of the exit city/town name in the upper right corner of my screen.

The next major intersection that the TomTom is taking you to will sometimes show up in the upper right.......on the highway, this is the exit number and the exit town/city name.

exit_name.gif

Exit numbers

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago, DOT regulations mandated that all highway exit numbers coincide with the mile marker. so, if you were at exit 12 and were traveling to exit 50, that would be about 38 miles away.

Thanks in advance.

Last time I travelled on the highway, my TomTom actually had the exit number listed in front of the exit city/town name in the upper right corner of my screen.

The next major intersection that the TomTom is taking you to will sometimes show up in the upper right.......on the highway, this is the exit number and the exit town/city name.

exit_name.gif

Yes, that's correct. Tuckermans, go to "change preferences, then "name preferences", and check "show next highway / signpost"
I have noticed these to be very accurate in showing exactly what is printed on the green highway exit signs.

A quick note, is that some highways may not have exit numbers in the database. I noticed (at least in Canada), that highway 401 & QEW have exit numbers but Highway's 403 and 410 did not.

--Phil

Ask a Question