Exceeding Speed Limit sound?

TomTom Model(s)
LIVE 1005
On my previous TomTom, there was an option which I used to create a sound when the vehicle was travelling in excess of the Speed Limit.
I have just purchased a GO1000, but although the background colour of the speed information changes to Red, I cannot see a facility to have a simple tone sound at the same time. Am I missing something or has this option been removed from the 1000 series?

Doees that model have a safety setting of 'Warn when driving faster than allowed'? If so, and you say 'yes', there should be another screen to set the warning sound. At least, some models have that option.

Dhn is spot on... On a Go1000 it's in Settings / Safety Settings.

Tick the box for "Warn when driving faster than allowed" and you go to a second page where you choose the warning sound (you might get a legal disclaimer screen first).

You can also still add your own sounds, by using the "add community content" feature of MyTomTom.

Hope that helps. :)

Many thanks to Dhn & Andy_P.:thumb:
How simple & obvious. Although I had spent a while looking for it before I asked, i failed to see what I was looking for.

Again, thanks

Ask a Question