Eurostar Train (London to Paris) Tripmaster screenshot....

TomTom Model(s)
One V2, GO 720, GO 2505
Cool......:D :D :D

train.jpg

Just got back from a great trip and had to share......

Wait...I like the way your tripmaster looks, is that custom or am I missing something like usual?

The fasted was 183 mph before we hit the "Chunnel" and lost all the satellites. But this was the clearest photo so I used it.

I like that background as it looks less "busy" than the others.....

I also think the icons on that screen are more intuitive so my wife has a chance of making it work too.

I thought TT did away with something that allowed the plug ins....I am a total noob and will probably get slammed but SDK is coming to mind, don't know what it is though.

Thanks Digital for the heads- up on the web site for the alternative Tripmaster Screens. I did not realize that these other screens were available.:)

No problem.

Has anyone used Tripmaster on a 720 yet? Or even offroad? Tyer?

Don

It will not work on the 720 because TT discontinued giving the SDK. This means the developer would not be able to adapt the software to the new changes in the firmware.

I read through that the 720 has some of tripmasters feature such as showing max speed and speed warnings.

Sdk

That is a shame.

One of the draws for the TT for me was that ability for 3rd parties/users to generate applications.

Don

That is a shame.

One of the draws for the TT for me was that ability for 3rd parties/users to generate applications.

Don
I tried it on my 720 and can verify that it no longer works. Here's what I wrote to TomTom's feedback area. Hopefully lots of other people do the same. https://www.tomtom.com/plus/feedback.php

I recently read that TomTom is no longer going to offer a software development kit once Navcore version 7 is out. I hope this is not the case but if it is then I would like for you to please reconsider this decision. One reason I decided to purchase a TomTom in the first place was because of the amazing Tripmaster program. See- http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

The SDK allows users to extend the abilities of their TomTom's and I feel that it helps build brand loyalty. I can't stand the thought of not having access to 3rd party add ons to my TomTom that are currently made possible by the SDK so please, don't stop the development of your SDK. Thanks for your consideration.

So if you load up your 720 with v6xx firmware, what features will you lose? Map Share, I presume. If you really want Tripmaster, it may be worth the loss.

firmware version 6.x

Interesting idea.

any other features lost?

Would the software be the same? Bluetooth, wireless, etc?

Last edited:
So if you load up your 720 with v6xx firmware, what features will you lose? Map Share, I presume. If you really want Tripmaster, it may be worth the loss.

That is interesting, however I would guess the 720 wouldn't allow the installation of a lower firmware version. It's just a guess though.

Very Nice

Has anyone been in touch with the people who built Tripmaster?

I really bothers me that I cannot get this software, which offers much and more over even the new V7 of TTs software.

??

Ask a Question