Euro Tunnel

Hi everyone. My name's Patricia. I've been a motorcyclist for over 40 years and now ride a ZZR600. My husband rides a Bandit 1200 and we usually travel together but at the moment he's recovering from an accident (lorry not bike!) so I'm travelling on my own. I'm off to the Continent next week so have treated myself to a Rider 2 European version. Have been playing with it for a couple of hours this morning but it insists on sending me across the Channel by ferry - I've booked myself on the Tunnel. I've tried doing an itinerary and tried putting in the tunnel as a way point but it just stops me at the station then takes me on to the ferry. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there an upgrade that will include travel by Tunnel? Has anyone got any suggestions? Not a big deal, I know - I'm sure the unit will pick up on where I am when I get off the train in Calais - but frustrating!

I am waaaaaaay out of my element here and I suspect others will pipe in here but can you set an Itinerary with the Tunnel as a destination, not a waypoint?

Also, a member here, mikealder, is also located in the UK. If he doesn't respond to this thread today, pm him for assistance.

Hi dhn.

Thank you for your reply. Set up more than one trip, one ending at Folkstone the other starting in Calais - now why didn't I think of that!

I'm a bit green when it comes to forums - I didn't realise this one was mostly International. In fact, although I've looked at a lot of forums, this is the first one I've joined. My apologies if I've got it all wrong.

I'm a sat nav newbie, too - a dangerous combination, possibly?

Consider creating a custom POI file of locations you intend to visit, this way each one can be called up easily as a destination giving you the flexibility to miss one or two out should go off schedule, you can also add phone numbers to a custom POI file that can be used from the device assuming you have a phone paired up to the unit - this can also be handy if running late and need to confirm a revised ETA - Mike

Thanks for the advice, Mike. I haven't got to grips with all the functions, yet. I'll have a go at your suggestion tomorrow. Have managed to link up my phone OK so shouldn't be a problem. Am going to Brugges first stop then may make my way into Germany. Haven't decided yet where to go except that I may visit some old haunts (lived in Germany in the 1970s). Perhaps putting in a few POIs before I leave will be a good idea.

Ask a Question