error with quick fix file

hi folks...

just got my tomtom one new edition today. looks like a pretty good piece of equipment so far...

the only problem i am having is with the quickfixgps file. when running tomtom home, here is the error i get after selecting ok for the quickfix file download.
error%20picture.JPG

any suggestions?

also, can i move the clear route icon at all?

thanks to all in advance!

-jz

dr chem,

I see that you are not logged in on HOME. Does that mean that you do not have a TT account? If you do, you should log in. If not, you should get one.

My guess is that the problem that you are having is related to the change in ONE chipsets. LTO (Long Term Orbit) is the name given to ephemeris data by Global Locate, to work with the Hammerhead chipset. SiRF chipsets use different ephemeris data.

If you dont have the ONE v4 (no SD card, as it comes with maps on built-in memory), then the lto.dat file is useless. Maybe you could let us know which device you have (SD card or not?)?

Either way, I would try setting up a TT account, as that forces you to specify your device. Then try the download again. Hopefully, you will then get the correct data file for your device!

there is no ephem. folder to delete and yes, i was logged in and i do have a home tt account and was logged in at the time. any other ideas?

Does your TT1 come with an SD card?

no, it doesnt... that actually confused me when i opened the box. i had to call tomtom, and they said those starting with serial # Z do not get one...

to summarize:

no ephem folder
was logged into home
no SD card

no, it doesnt... that actually confused me when i opened the box. i had to call tomtom, and they said those starting with serial # Z do not get one...

to summarize:

no ephem folder
was logged into home
no SD card

So Spook was right in recognizing that LTO is for the new chip set that comes with the new ONE.

hmmm...I think we have to wait for Spook to take this one unless someone with the new ONE can jump in here.

So Spook was right in recognizing that LTO is for the new chip set that comes with the new ONE.

hmmm...I think we have to wait for Spook to take this one unless someone with the new ONE can jump in here.

okie dokie... i shall wait. i did call tomtom on this issue, and the gentleman who i spoke with said he was clueless and that he would forward the issue to the europe office with a follow up call on monday. the knowledge here is vast and so i hoped for a sooner answer.

btw, nice to meet y'all! :) im josh!

Hi dr chem,

I can see from the screenshot that you posted that you were not logged in! It says 'logged in as...' when you are.

I think your next move should be to follow the advice I gave previously, as I think the problem is that your device is not being correctly recognised by HOME as being a v4. Or, your account is linked to a different device.

Just click on the 'login' button art the bottom-left corner of HOME, enter your account details and check for updates. You should then get the lto.dat file installed correctly. If you don't, check that your 'My TomTom' account is linked to the correct device. i.e.: You have put the correct device ID on your TomTom account.

Let us know how it works out.....

Hi dr chem,

I can see from the screenshot that you posted that you were not logged in! It says 'logged in as...' when you are.

I think your next move should be to follow the advice I gave previously, as I think the problem is that your device is not being correctly recognised by HOME as being a v4. Or, your account is linked to a different device.

Just click on the 'login' button art the bottom-left corner of HOME, enter your account details and check for updates. You should then get the lto.dat file installed correctly. If you don't, check that your 'My TomTom' account is linked to the correct device. i.e.: You have put the correct device ID on your TomTom account.

Let us know how it works out.....

spook, thanks for your help, but the issue remains. when i took the screenshot, i purposely excluded my personal email in the picture. the original image shows my logged-in status just below the icon labelled 'login.' it showed, "Logged in as ______@_____.___", right?

when i set up HOME, the program self detected the device. should i respecify? uninstall/reinstall home? other suggestions?

thanks.

issue solved.... i originally installed HOME from the CD. dont do that! i uninstalled and reinstalled from the device... it works fine now.

issue solved.... i originally installed HOME from the CD.
Yes, a classic mistake! :) There seems to be a lot of problems with that version and it won't update itself! I should have thought of that first!

You were quite right to obfuscate your email addy. You don't want someone to hijack your account. I just went on the evidence presented in the screenshot!

Anyway, glad you got it working! Enjoy!

Yes, a classic mistake! :) There seems to be a lot of problems with that version and it won't update itself! I should have thought of that first!

You were quite right to obfuscate your email addy. You don't want someone to hijack your account. I just went on the evidence presented in the screenshot!

Anyway, glad you got it working! Enjoy!

you guys are a stand up crowd! i enjoy the forum already. thanks for the help and what not. i am looking forward to future issues just to post more :)

Hello Everyone,

I just purchase the tomtom ONE US-CANADA (v4) system for my husband for his birthday. Unfortunately I am the techy in this relationship.

Thanks to your forum, I was able to fix the annoying error when updating the "QuickGPSfix data" as I had originally installed it using the CD. Usually, most softwares are to be installed by the CD first before pluging in any devices to the computer, but in this case it was the opposite.

The instructions that came with the device were not helpful and not userfriendly as there were very minimal instructions for the inital setup. But needless to say, I am up and running and I am getting familiar with this device in order for me to train my husband.

Thanks for your help!!! :)

Last edited:
Hello Chase, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you got your problem fixed.

To be honest, these days when there is software that needs to be installed that comes with your device i.e. Monitor or Video cards, the software that comes with the package is almost always out of date.

I almost always check the website for drivers (or software...whatever the case my be) as the version posted is the most up to date. "Usually", having the latest version means less headaches.

GPSquickfix

I dont' know if anyone else is having this happen but I have noticed that since I downloaded the new US and Canada map that the quickfix is updated almost daily w/ TomTom Home. W/ the old map it would only update about once a week! Is anyone else noticing this???

Ask a Question