Error code 1008?

This is a nightmate! I tried following steps to remove application and somehow i had to reinstall tom tom home. Feel abit cheated not being able to use my live services. New fault is the unit wont recieve texts, Nightmare as i use the built in phone alot, tried restoring factory settings.

G

Totally agree 350doc. I can't believe that TomTom haven't solved this - don't they realise that those of us that spend premium money on devices and substantial yearly subscriptions have become totally disillusioned with their hardware, software and lack of support. Forget the shiny new 1000 and 1005 model, why pay ?300 if it may come with nothing but hassle?!

Totally agree 350doc. I can't believe that TomTom haven't solved this - don't they realise that those of us that spend premium money on devices and substantial yearly subscriptions have become totally disillusioned with their hardware, software and lack of support. Forget the shiny new 1000 and 1005 model, why pay ?300 if it may come with nothing but hassle?!

Just to be clear - 350doc's post is old. This has been solved, just download 9.058. It is much later than I would have hoped, but sadly on the standard 1-3 month timeline that I've learned to expect.

I've also heard from others that the new app breaks SMS. I think 9.054 broke it too.

Just to confirm that the original problem has been solved (I do not use texts on the device, so i don;t know about this new issue).

Yes, I agree that Error code 1008 is now fixed although it takes hell of a lot longer to connect to the traffic updates than it used to. Anyone else find that?

Yes, many in a UK based forum are also reporting long delays in getting the information.

In app 9.05x in the USA, we've found that access buddies or weather speeds up traffic acquisition.

Maybe it works for Europeans too?

Hi

This has been solved, just download 9.058.

Just wondered how/if you can force Updates to download 9.058? I can get to 9.054, but am not offered 9.058 so have to use old version for the moment to keep Live Services running.

Cheers

Go Live 740

Just wondered how/if you can force Updates to download 9.058? I can get to 9.054, but am not offered 9.058 so have to use old version for the moment to keep Live Services running.

First, try these steps (eg: remove the old app). If they don't work, then you can manually download 9.058 here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Error 1008 is still a problem

It is now Feb 2011 and there doesn't yet seem to be a solution to the error 1008 problem.

Will TomTom never fix this bug?

It may be worth trying the two fixes people have found for the rather similar "1001" error.

Either this or this.

Ask a Question