End navigation but still use map

:confused: Hello, I have a TOMTOM XT version 6 software, my question is when I am using the TT to navigate, I arrive at my destination and then wish to still see the maps, but the TT still keeps navigating me back to my last destination, this also happens if I switch the TT on it starts to navigate without me asking. Sometimes I would like to have the map on without giving it a destination, is this possible, thanks, Karl

Do you mean XL?

Yes, you should be able to clear your last destination.

Go to the Main Menu | Change Preferences | Show ALL Menu Options

Now go to the Main Menu | Clear Route.

This has to be one of the most frequently asked questions, all due to the fact that the TomTom menu hides the 'Clear Route' option in the default settings. Very poor planning.

Maybe you should make a 'Sticky' called 'How to Clear a Route' so we don't have to keep answering this over and over.

Better yet, have it your way with TomTom Menu Designer

I recently customized my TT1 menus with this dandy utility: TomTom Menu Designer It's free and pretty easy to use.

Not all of the icons can be moved, but the important/buried ones typically can be placed much more efficiently.

And NO, you won't be able to create a BACK button. :( Shucks!

Ask a Question